New Super Mario Bros. Wii

2005 to present, began with the Xbox 360 and continued with the PlayStation 3 and Wii
Zap!
Zap! Commander

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Post by Zap! »

Got this right after it came out and am insanely in love with it. It got amazing reviews and it deserves them. Possible GOTY candidate. It really proves that while 3-D became the hip and cool thing in 1996, 2-D is exactly where Mario games belong. Although easy, it has massive replay value and is a total blast with four players. To me, it is most like Super Mario World, with a bit of SMB 1-3 thrown in. I heart this game, and it even comes in a red box. :Yoshilick:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Post by Zap! »

Anyway, I just looked at the sales and after not even two months on the market, it has already reached an amazing 9.2 million copies sold. That is already more than Super Mario Galaxy has sold (8.02 million), despite having a two year head start. With sales like this, could 2-D gaming be making a huge comeback?

Super Mario Bros. 3 still owns the record for most copies sold for a non pack-in game that doesn't come with any accessories with 18 million, but it's looking like it can be dethroned very soon.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

crintolk

Post by crintolk »

Good overall game and keep fans happy for Mario. Multiplayer is missing, unless you have 4 players. I was hoping something along the lines of the game out of the fight against New Mario Bros DS, which was more fun and frenetic game.

Evan

Post by Evan »

I am playing this game and i am enjoying it great so it is great fun to play this game and and this edition is
tremendous to play.

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

I think that it was a solid game, and seeing how many Wii's sold its not surprising that a Mario title did well.

To me though, its no Super Mario 3 or anything. When that came out it felt new. This feels like it could have came out on the Gamecube. Does that make it a bad game? No, not at all but I wouldn't rank it one of the best on the Wii. Galaxy was much more innovative.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:I think that it was a solid game, and seeing how many Wii's sold its not surprising that a Mario title did well.

To me though, its no Super Mario 3 or anything. When that came out it felt new. This feels like it could have came out on the Gamecube. Does that make it a bad game? No, not at all but I wouldn't rank it one of the best on the Wii. Galaxy was much more innovative.
I notice more of the hardcore games prefer Galaxy over the side-scrolling "New" ones, but for me I'll have to respectfully disagree. I could never get into the 3D Mario games as much as the 2D ones, although I did like SM 64. Maybe I only liked it because it was the first 3D Mario game, I don't know. Maybe it's just me, as I like Super Mario World better than any other Mario game, and no one seems to agree. :Yoshilick: