Whew, had a nasty Trojan and couldn't use the computer

BS about anything you like in here, as long as it's not TOO controversial

Moderators: Rob, Carlos

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Whew, had a nasty Trojan and couldn't use the computer

Post by Zap! »

Long story short, got a Trojan several weeks ago, and every day after I could do less and less on my computer. Tried everything. Finally reinstalled my computer to factory standards and all is now back to better then before. I will be around guys, and will not let this board die. I will send out a mass e-mail later on, trying to get everyone back. So what's new? :DonkeyKongJr_spin:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Darryl B.

Re: Whew, had a nasty Trojan and couldn't use the computer

Post by Darryl B. »

That sucks, glad you're back though.

I've just been doing a lot for the retro scene lately, pretty much :) Royal 21 mini-review for the Vectrex in the Homebrew area (got that last week), 'course you know I got that Pac-Man Jakks unit a few weeks before that AND I've got a gaming expo to go to this weekend :) So I'm doing a crapload for the retro scene lately!

Then personally I've also had the house to myself since mid Monday morning, and that will continue for nearly a week longer. Been busy for the most part (didn't play Royal 21 or Jakks for over two days!) but I'm happy for that.
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Not much going on here. Been screwing around with the Wii for a while. Dead Space: Extraction is pretty damn fun for an on-rails shooter. Downloaded Contra Rebirth yesterday and played that all day. Fun game. Reminds me of Contra III: The Alien Wars on SNES. Outside that, not much else. Been thinking about picking up a Model 2 Genesis/Sega CD/32X setup, but I dunno. Retro selling sites like Game Gavel and Neo-Geo.com haven't been too good to me the last few times...

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Darryl B. wrote:That sucks, glad you're back though.

I've just been doing a lot for the retro scene lately, pretty much :) Royal 21 mini-review for the Vectrex in the Homebrew area (got that last week), 'course you know I got that Pac-Man Jakks unit a few weeks before that AND I've got a gaming expo to go to this weekend :) So I'm doing a crapload for the retro scene lately!

Then personally I've also had the house to myself since mid Monday morning, and that will continue for nearly a week longer. Been busy for the most part (didn't play Royal 21 or Jakks for over two days!) but I'm happy for that.
Well, the good news is I really didn't lose anything at all. I transferred the stuff I needed (games, text files, pics, etc.) to an external HD, reinstalled my computer to factory standards with a full format, and transfered everything back. The hardest part was just having to download and reinstall so many programs again (AIM, FireFox, SpyBoy, iTunes, and TONS of others). It's all good now, I think I have everything.

It was so bad I really couldn't even go on a web browser without it crashing. I posted on Facebook from my mobile phone, but it was rough to come here.

Other than that, I've been very busy watching the playoffs and the celebrations. Now we get to see the offseason and 2009 awards.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

BTW, did you guys receive the mass e-mail I sent to all users?

triverse

Post by triverse »

Glad to see the forums are back up. Great to be able to drop in and talk with everyone here.

Ter, have you tried "slipstreaming" your programs into the Windows XP install? I know you can get AIM, Firefox, the newest IE (if you wanted it) and about 3000 other programs in the correct format for this. Basically, all it does is install those programs right along with stuff like Notepad and Paint.

I have been busy fighting the "staff" at Retromags after I decided to leave over a misunderstanding with Phillyman. Other than that I have been busy building up Out-of-Print and Pixel Perfect Gaming lately.

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

Ter wrote:BTW, did you guys receive the mass e-mail I sent to all users?
Yep, got two of them! ;D

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

triverse wrote:Glad to see the forums are back up. Great to be able to drop in and talk with everyone here.

Ter, have you tried "slipstreaming" your programs into the Windows XP install? I know you can get AIM, Firefox, the newest IE (if you wanted it) and about 3000 other programs in the correct format for this. Basically, all it does is install those programs right along with stuff like Notepad and Paint.

I have been busy fighting the "staff" at Retromags after I decided to leave over a misunderstanding with Phillyman. Other than that I have been busy building up Out-of-Print and Pixel Perfect Gaming lately.
Haven't tried that (I have Vista, BTW). I pretty much installed every program I needed the hard way already. It was a pain, but it's already done. :)

triverse

Post by triverse »

I don't think that anyone has figured out how to slipstream with Vista yet (I am sure they have, I am just not in the right circle to hear about it, lol).

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

I know you haven't had time to work on the site yet, but just a note that not only have I had to sign in like five times this week (even though I've got checked to sign me in automatically each time), but just now I not only signed in, but had to sign in AGAIN just to freakin' post; urgh! :angry4.gif:

Rob

Post by Rob »

Glad to see everyone is still around. I've been ultra busy lately- I got married on the 20th. I haven't been online in awhile except to check my mail and whatnot. (I did get the mass emailing). Other than that I've been running around like a newlywed. :MegaManXRunning: