I am sure you guys have heard about this already

Video gaming books, magazines, and newsletters. If you can read it, discuss it in here!
triverse

I am sure you guys have heard about this already

Post by triverse »

I scooped Kotaku (by 5 hours and I even tipped them off to the news) about EGM coming back in December. I posted it at 9:24 pm on the 25th and Kotaku picked it up at about 2:30 am this morning.

http://unnamedgaming.com/?p=8938

I can't say anymore than what is said in the article as to where the news came from (let's just say, I knew it was coming and was able to post within an hour of it being released and there is more coming).

Carlos

Re: I am sure you guys have heard about this already

Post by Carlos »

I hope it makes a strong comeback. I've been a fan of EGM for many years and considered it the best video game magazine as well as my favorite. The only mag I felt gave honest and unbiased reviews. Now I really only read Game Informer, Official XBOX Magazine, and Nintendo Power

Rob

Post by Rob »

I hope it comes back as well. It and Retrogamer are about the only two recent mags I read with any degree of regularity.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

The Steve Harris years were absolutely amazing. Can't wait for the first issue, and hope it's a big success.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

triverse

Post by triverse »

Some very interesting things are coming. I will keep you guys posted as I can on it. :excitebike:

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Isn't the first issue about to be ready? I'd love to subscribe.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Given I own nothing of the current generation of gaming, this unfortunately does nothing for me. If we could get Retro Gamer her in the US at a place other than Barnes and Noble a month late and less than the price of a book, THAT would be some great news.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

triverse

Post by triverse »

Twinchargers, check out Classic Video Gamer Magazine, they are retro enthusiasts and have a writing style closer to Video Games and Computer Entertainment.

http://www.classicvgm.com

Back on the subject, anyone have any Steve Harris EGM's? Something special is coming to Out-of-Print and we could use some help with this area.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

triverse wrote:Twinchargers, check out Classic Video Gamer Magazine, they are retro enthusiasts and have a writing style closer to Video Games and Computer Entertainment.

http://www.classicvgm.com

Back on the subject, anyone have any Steve Harris EGM's? Something special is coming to Out-of-Print and we could use some help with this area.
I have the following early issues of EGM:

#1 (May, 1989) (premiere issue) to #32, #34 to #43, #45, #49 to #53, #57, #71,
#74 to #75, #77 to #79, #81 to #83, #85, #87, #90 to #93, #95, #102, #104, #107 to #125

I have many more after that too. If you need anything in particular scanned, I'll do it.

triverse

Post by triverse »

Would it be possible to get scans of the first 3 EGM's? I have #4 personally that I can scan. Could you do it at 300 DPI? I can do editing/repair of any damaged areas if need be. As with the Kunkel stuff (which if you would like to work on some more of that it would be appreciated too) I will make sure proper credit is given for the scans.
Thank you for helping with this man, it is greatly appreciated.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

triverse wrote:Would it be possible to get scans of the first 3 EGM's? I have #4 personally that I can scan. Could you do it at 300 DPI? I can do editing/repair of any damaged areas if need be. As with the Kunkel stuff (which if you would like to work on some more of that it would be appreciated too) I will make sure proper credit is given for the scans.
Thank you for helping with this man, it is greatly appreciated.
Do you want the entire issue scanned? That could be a pretty big project. I just scanned a mere 16 pages of Team Sega/Sega Challenge newsletter and it was 14 megs. I imagine an entire issue of 120+ pages or so would be huge. It may also require more memory than my computer can handle, but I can try if you want, lemme know!

triverse

Post by triverse »

If you could scan EGM #1 that would be amazingly cool and oh so appreciated. I understand about the size situation (with our settings at OoPA most releases are closer to 200 megs but look almost as good as the original they come from-none of that artifacting that plagues releases at 1440 and smaller).

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

triverse wrote:If you could scan EGM #1 that would be amazingly cool and oh so appreciated. I understand about the size situation (with our settings at OoPA most releases are closer to 200 megs but look almost as good as the original they come from-none of that artifacting that plagues releases at 1440 and smaller).
Hey, right before I started scanning, I was looking at my copy. While not bad, it was fair. Not so good condition. So I did a search and found a full .pdf scan of issue #1. Hope this helps. If you need anything elser, let me know. I moved the scanner so it's next to my laptop now, so scans will be faster and easier.

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/magazine ... nload.html

triverse

Post by triverse »

We know about the scan at Racketboy, it is pretty low quality (150 DPI I believe). I am not trying to sound like we are elitists or something but this is such a special event (plus I have not been able to get permission from the scanner at Racketboy to use his scan).