Generation NEX and NES games

A place to brag about your latest gaming finds
Carlos

Generation NEX and NES games

Post by Carlos »

So a few days ago I picked up a Generation NEX. I mainly got it cuz it plays both NES and Famicom games, but I'm kinda disappointed with it. :( Like most NES clones, it won't play certain games (including one of my all time favs Castlevania III) and I also hear there's even more Famicom games it won't play. The sound issues that it has on most games is very apparent. It's very bad on Double Dragon II. :chairshot:

I'm prolly gonna trade it toward a FC Mobile II next week (and I confirmed Castlevaina III :simonwhipleft: as well as reproductions and bootlegs will play on it. I even heard PAL games play on it too, but not sure).

Anyway, after I got the NEX, I went to my local Movie Trading Company, and I got Double Dragon II: The Revenge, Rad Racer, Dragon Warrior, Solar Jetman, Xevious, and TMNT (the original one).

Double Dragon II has been a blast to play but I can't seem to make it past the level after the helicopter lands.

I forgot just how hard Rad Racer can be. I gotta be perfect and not hit any cars or get in any crashes just to make the checkpoints.

Got reacquainted with Solar Jetman tonight and remembered all the fun I had with it when I used to rent it a lot as a kid.

I haven't played the other games yet, but I looking forward to starting Dragon Warrior.

I was gonna get Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, but they wanted $25 for it, and it was the gray cart, not the gold one! Oh well, I know I can find it cheap online.

Rob

Re: Generation NEX and NES games

Post by Rob »

Isn't the grey cart supposedly rarer than the gold? I've never even seen a grey one to my knowledge.

One thing about getting back on an NES trip, it's like putting on a pair of old sneakers. They've been there all along, just waiting for you to remember all the fun you guys used to have together. I'm still amazed when I pick up games I haven't played in twenty years and all the secrets come rushing back to me.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Is there really a need to get a NES/Famicom clone? From what I understand, there is something called the Super Bee or something like that, that lets you put a Famicom cart in in. You then put the Super Bee into your NES and it will play the FC game of choice.

Also, supposedly inside of Gyromite is the FC version with built-in adapter. Just take it apart, pull out the FC game, and put in another. Can anyone confirm this?
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

Ter wrote: Also, supposedly inside of Gyromite is the FC version with built-in adapter. Just take it apart, pull out the FC game, and put in another. Can anyone confirm this?
From what I remember, yes.

I recall going to my local game shop and purchasing Gyromite for like $3...I opened the sucker up and indeed found the adapter with the famicom version.

I know it was the famicom game, because Dom had/has a famiclone which I used to test it on...it worked perfectly. I even tried using a different famicom game with the adapter...it worked! I remember it was the Solomon's game...

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

megasdkirby wrote:
Ter wrote: Also, supposedly inside of Gyromite is the FC version with built-in adapter. Just take it apart, pull out the FC game, and put in another. Can anyone confirm this?
From what I remember, yes.

I recall going to my local game shop and purchasing Gyromite for like $3...I opened the sucker up and indeed found the adapter with the famicom version.

I know it was the famicom game, because Dom had/has a famiclone which I used to test it on...it worked perfectly. I even tried using a different famicom game with the adapter...it worked! I remember it was the Solomon's game...
Funny how Nintendo had to go ghetto on us in 1985 and use a Famicom game with an adapter. From what I remember, in the early 90's there was a mail order adapter called the Honeybee or something. Ring a bell?
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube