Zap! business cards

Zap! forum news from the admin and mods, and also user tips on how to improve the board with any new ideas

Moderators: megasdkirby, Rob

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Zap! business cards

Post by Zap! »

What do you think of this design so far? I'm going to order 1,500 cards in a couple of days. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

TwinChargers

Re: Zap! business cards

Post by TwinChargers »

Well, I might recommend bringing the text to the front of the NES pic, so that the "S" in forums isn't partially chopped off. I'd also try using a different type of font for the head title or even a different color text. It might make it a bit more eye catching. I'm not sure if the boarder is necessary, but I guess its all ones preference. Its a slightly busy looking card, but it does get the message out, which is the best thing.

I'm sorry if I sound really picky about the whole thing, I graduated in Graphic Communications in college, I've made many of business cards in the past. :2_thumbs_up:
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:Well, I might recommend bringing the text to the front of the NES pic, so that the "S" in forums isn't partially chopped off. I'd also try using a different type of font for the head title or even a different color text. It might make it a bit more eye catching. I'm not sure if the boarder is necessary, but I guess its all ones preference. Its a slightly busy looking card, but it does get the message out, which is the best thing.

I'm sorry if I sound really picky about the whole thing, I graduated in Graphic Communications in college, I've made many of business cards in the past. :2_thumbs_up:
Wow, I didn't even see the "s" cut off, thanks. I changed the colors, and greatly enlarged the main font. I'll check out the different font types. I think the border is invisable, as I did not put one in.

BTW, I just noticed that my Pac-Man is the same one in your avatar. Do you have a larger picture? The one I downloaded is less than 300x300 pixels, so it looks a bit pixilated.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Ok, I changed the font and moved a few things around. $78 for 1,500. Sounds good? Any pic requests?

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

I like it :)

My only suggestion might be to center the text and move the pics so there are some on both sides so its more symetrical.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Jakenut86 wrote:I like it :)

My only suggestion might be to center the text and move the pics so there are some on both sides so its more symetrical.
Great idea. how does it look now? Should I remove or edit Asteroids? I'd like to replace it with a good pic of Centipede if I could find one.

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Much Better :headbang: Now its a lot more balanced! I'll look around and see if I can help to find a centipede pic
_________________________________________________________________________________

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Jakenut86 wrote:Much Better :headbang: Now its a lot more balanced! I'll look around and see if I can help to find a centipede pic
Don't worry about the Centipede pic (I like the Millipede artwork better anyway). I replaced Asteroids with a Zalda Triforce. Still not sure Leon S. Kennedy stays, but leaning toward keeping him.

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Cool, I think it looks good the way it is now :2_thumbs_up:

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Looking back I should have added Sonic in there somewhere, and replaced Leon with Lara.

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Ter wrote:Looking back I should have added Sonic in there somewhere, and replaced Leon with Lara.
No Sonic? BLASPHEMY! :sonic:

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Wow! Can't believe I never thought to suggest adding Sonic :new_shocked:

Oh well, it still looks pretty good and will hopefully help get some new members :2_thumbs_up:

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

SegaBoy wrote:
Ter wrote:Looking back I should have added Sonic in there somewhere, and replaced Leon with Lara.
No Sonic? BLASPHEMY! :sonic:
Not on purpose, I just forgot about him. Lara too.

Leon S. Kennedy isn't common, but I'm biased.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Final update.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Working on an update. This is just a raw draft. Suggestions?

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

Yeah, leave it as it is, it looks great!
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Final new design!

Rob

Post by Rob »

Leon didn't make the cut? :)

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Rob wrote:Leon didn't make the cut? :)
No, but what was really hard was leaving Lara out. :(

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

The Black print is hard to read/see now............
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD