Zombies Ate My Neighbors

From 1989-1993, the 16-bit revolution was in full swing, with the Sega Genesis, NEC Turbo Grafx 16, Super Nintendo, and SNK Neo-Geo (self-proclaimed 24-bit)

Moderators: megasdkirby, Rob, Carlos

Rob

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Post by Rob »

I've been playing the crap out of this game lately. I've come to regard it as one of, if not my absolute favorite Super NES game. It was good on the Genesis as well, but the SNES model holds a closer spot in my heart. IMHO it's one of the most underrated games out there, if you've never played it it's pure fun through all forty odd levels.

There was a sequel, which is hard to find now, called Ghoul Patrol for the SNES. It has the same characters, and gameplay is similar, but it's nowhere near as fun as the original. Reportedly, it was an entirely different game that got cancelled, when Lucasarts had the bright idea of slapping the characters from ZAMN in there and calling it a sequel to Zombies. I own it, but honestly I've never made it past the first level. It's just not fun, and it's too damn hard.

Carlos

Re: Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Post by Carlos »

Yea, I remember I used to play it all the time with the clerks at the local Funcoland when it originally came out and having a blast. I love when the little "chucky" dolls coming out swinging the axes and their little maniacal laugh.

HiddenGremlin

Post by HiddenGremlin »

"Zombies Ate My Neighbors" is actually one of my favorite 16-Bit games, along with Sega "Shadow Dancer", "Sunset Riders", "Quackshot", "Battletoads", "Vectorman", and "Haunting: Starring Polterguy". Those are the some of the 16-Bit games I have ever really enjoyed.
Last edited by HiddenGremlin on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am also a member of these sites:
FamicomWorld The Uninvited Gremlin
NintendoAGE Dreammary
AtariAGE Dreammary

Rob

Post by Rob »

+1 on Sunset Riders! One of my all time favorite arcade games, and I really like the Genesis version as well. The SNES version is good too, I just played the Genny more at the time.

thom_m

Post by thom_m »

Rob wrote:+1 on Sunset Riders! One of my all time favorite arcade games, and I really like the Genesis version as well. The SNES version is good too, I just played the Genny more at the time.
So did I, dude. But, seriously, Sunset Riders for the Genesis is kinda indefensable. It was the first version of the game I ever played, and I liekd it. But when I saw the arcade/SNES versions, I felt betrayed and ripped off. :(

As for ZAMN, it's a really cool game that I never got the chance to play decently. I think I'll get myself one...
------------------------------------------------
Blowing on cartridges since 1987

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

Zombies Ate my Neighbours on SNES was AWESOME!
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

Erosion_Of_Sanity

Post by Erosion_Of_Sanity »

Yup, this game is pure w1n. My buddy and I were playing it on his wall using a projector; wouldn't have it any other way! So many good memories with this game :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amelyn

Post by Amelyn »

I'm planning to buy this game. According to you, should I get it for SNES or Genesis?

Rob

Post by Rob »

Zombies ate my Neighbors? Definitely on the Super NES. I mean, the Genesis version is good too, but the SNES just has something about it that makes it superior. The sound and music are better on the SNES, not to mention a tiny bit sharper graphics.

RegalSin
Banned

Post by RegalSin »

I remember the advertisment well along with others.

I allways wondered if there was a movie based on this game or vice versa...I mean look at it.

I played it for awhile and to be honest I don't really see anything amazing about this game.
Kids using squirt guns to dowze zombies with water. I mean come on Amerika how childish do you have to get.

Again one of the greatest B-movies that never occured.
Just walk away and you can live. Just walk away and it all can be over. Dont bother responding.