Top 5 hardest NES games

1985-1989 gave us the Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Master System, Atari 7800, XE Game System, etc. Great times indeed.

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Top 5 hardest NES games

Post by Zap! »

It's a scientific fact. The hardest video games are found on retro consoles. And the Nintendo Entertainment System, from the mid-1980s, has more difficult games than any other system. At a time when children made up the majority of players — and welcomed crazy hard puzzles to pass the time — designers weren't shy about making their games nightmarishly difficult. And the following NES games are beyond demanding. They're downright hopeless.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30834121
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Rob

Re: Top 5 hardest NES games

Post by Rob »

Punch Out is #2? Mike Tyson unbeatable? Noobs.

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

Ghost and Goblins is NOT on the list?

O_o

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

megasdkirby wrote:Ghost and Goblins is NOT on the list?

O_o
Seconded. Although I think Ghouls n' Ghosts is a tad harder, especially since you have to play through the game twice to beat it. I've never got past the 2nd level. I always get killed by the jumping turtle shell looking things. :gng-arthur-run: :gng-reaper-run:

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Carlos wrote:
megasdkirby wrote:Ghost and Goblins is NOT on the list?

O_o
Seconded. Although I think Ghouls n' Ghosts is a tad harder, especially since you have to play through the game twice to beat it. I've never got past the 2nd level. I always get killed by the jumping turtle shell looking things. :gng-arthur-run: :gng-reaper-run:
I thought Ghouls N' Ghosts was easier, considering I beat it fairly quickly. It's been a while, but didn't the NES Ghosts N' Goblins also require you to beat it twice?
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

serenade

Post by serenade »

Where's Simon's Quest?

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

serenade wrote:Where's Simon's Quest?
Simon's Question, for me, was pretty easy.

The only thing were the cryptic puzzle elements in the game and how tedious it was to gain hearts/currency.

Otherwise, it' was pretty good IMO.

Many also claim Ninja Gaiden (series) should be on the list, but truth be told, it's all trial and error. Once you find out where everything is, it's a piece of cake.

Mmmm...cake....I hate being on a diet... :(

triverse

Post by triverse »

Talk about being late to this party, I think that the Dragon's Lair game on NES was hard, I mean, come on, what was up with that turning animiation?

Ter, Ghosts n Goblins on NES required you to beat it twice too. Why?

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

triverse wrote:Talk about being late to this party, I think that the Dragon's Lair game on NES was hard, I mean, come on, what was up with that turning animiation?

Ter, Ghosts n Goblins on NES required you to beat it twice too. Why?
I don't like the whole "beating things twice" concept. Off the top of my head, easiest game ever that you had to beat twice? I'd say Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars.

alanwotson

Post by alanwotson »

Here is Top 5 hardest NES Games,
Ninja Gaiden
Back to the Future
The Adventures of Bayou Billy
Battletoads
Silver Surfer

fidgedextro
Banned

Post by fidgedextro »

Too me, the hardest NES games were the pointless scrollers where you wandered around forever and could never figure out what to do. There's way too many to list, but FRIDAY THE 13TH may have been the worst of them all.