Sears Video Arcade

1977-1983 were some of the best years ever, and brought us the 2600, 5200, Intellivision, Colecovision, Vectrex, and many others

Moderators: Rob, Darryl B.

TwinChargers

Sears Video Arcade

Post by TwinChargers »

As pretty much everyone knows, Sears made there own version of the 2600 called the Sears Video Arcade. What I was curios about, is when did they stop production on these? I know that there are atleast 3 variations that Sears manufactured, the 6 switch, 4 switch and a version that looked similar to the 7800. When did there agreement with Atari end? What is the newest Sears Telegame? Anybody got any info on this?
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Rob

Re: Sears Video Arcade

Post by Rob »

I've got one from 1982, so I know they were manufactured at least that late.

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Rob wrote:I've got one from 1982, so I know they were manufactured at least that late.
I'm to assume you have the 7800 looking one with the joystick/paddle combo, correct?

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

I HAVE A SEARS VIDEO ARCADE II ALSO, love it as it's currently my only way to play Atari carts. Here is my video on it................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z5Xp9xCTRw
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

You know MaximumRD, you being the big Colecovision fan that you are, I would have figured that you would have had the expansion module that allows you to play Colecovision to play 2600 games.

After watching your youtube vid for the 4th or 5th time, what are your thoughts on the joysticks included? Are they as bad as advertised? Interesting to see all the buttons on the Video Arcade also, are there any LED's on the console letting you know its powered on or what options you have chosen?

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

TwinChargers wrote:You know MaximumRD, you being the big Colecovision fan that you are, I would have figured that you would have had the expansion module that allows you to play Colecovision to play 2600 games.

After watching your youtube vid for the 4th or 5th time, what are your thoughts on the joysticks included? Are they as bad as advertised? Interesting to see all the buttons on the Video Arcade also, are there any LED's on the console letting you know its powered on or what options you have chosen?
That WAS my plan (still might lol!) but I was open to any method to play Atari carts, either a expansion module, Atari 7800/2600 hell even a Coleco Gemini, but I had come across this great deal on the Sears model and I loved the look and condition of it and I like having the not so popular or typical models so I snagged it. I gave it only a quick playtest, I don't recall the controllers being any issue but then again I have adapted from everything from Coleco stock controllers to Intellivision controllers, I don't complain I just get used to them lol! As for your other questions sorry I don't recall and it will be some time until I get back it, all my systems are packed away mostly until I am ready to do a particular review/video. If I DO have any issue I have my Flashback controllers as well as a couple 3rd party sticks to use, I will probably grab some original paddles at some point too....... :DonkeyKongJr_spin:

UPDATE: Yes I do believe there are leds for power etc, flush with the system, I think it's a sexy beast....
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD