Commodore 64

Looking for something in particular? Want to sell an extra game? Trade something you no longer want?

Moderators: megasdkirby, Darryl B.

Jakenut86

Commodore 64

Post by Jakenut86 »

I'm thinking of getting a Commodore 64 and was just wondering if any has one and thinks its worth getting one? And how much would be a fair price to pay for one? Thx.
_________________________________________________________________________________

TwinChargers

Re: Commodore 64

Post by TwinChargers »

I second this request.

I'm also curious to know how much "computer speak" is needed to be known in order to work one. Other than in school, the oldest computer I've really messed around with was a 94 Packard Bell Navigator.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Mike_302

Post by Mike_302 »

No clue but I think I still have one in my basement complete with a tape drive.

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Wow, If you ever decide to sell it I'd be interested :) I just joined a C64 message board and got a C64 emulator and really like some of the games that were on it and would love to play them on a actual system :)
_________________________________________________________________________________

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

Let me put it this way.........after many years, I am getting a Commodore 64 from Ebay soon , I mean it's on it's way, I won an auction for a 64C (one of the last models) and I still need a disk drive etc but I am already happy!
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Jakenut86 wrote:Wow, If you ever decide to sell it I'd be interested :) I just joined a C64 message board and got a C64 emulator and really like some of the games that were on it and would love to play them on a actual system :)
Never had one. I was an Atari 8-bit (and 16-bit STe) fan. :atari-logo:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

I just found a setup with a CIB original C64, CIB Disk Drive, Printer, and a Tape Drive. What do you guys think is a good price to offer?

Rob

Post by Rob »

In all honesty? Up to a year ago I'd say anything over thirty dollars would be outrageous, but in the last year there's been a huge amount of interest in the system. +Depending on your area you can still sometimes find awesome deals on C64 items- I bought mine off Craigslist for around ten bucks. It didn't have a disk drive and the monitor ended up crapping out, so basically I use it as a display unit until I can figure out how to get the monitor up and running. But generally, if you buy it from a collector it's probably going to be in decent shape and he's going to want top dollar for it- but there was so many of these damn things made anything over fifty dollars and you'd be shooting yourself in the foot.

As far as user friendly- you may want to invest in a tutorial from around that era or grab a C64 manual off the 'Bay. They can be notoriously nitpicky- much more hassle to use than the Ataris of the day. (My first computer was an '82-ish Zenith travesty, then an ST around '89, then an IBM around '92 or so. All of these were easier to run than the C64). I found it easier to download rom collections and run them on my PC, but if you're wanting to explore BASIC and generally just mess around with the computer it would help to have a guide of some sort.

nensondubois

Post by nensondubois »

You should definitely go for Comic Bakery. I'm still looking for a unit! When I went to school we would play NES on the C64 monitor and it was a blast.
Image Image Image