Sega Channel

From 1989-1993, the 16-bit revolution was in full swing, with the Sega Genesis, NEC Turbo Grafx 16, Super Nintendo, and SNK Neo-Geo (self-proclaimed 24-bit)

Moderators: megasdkirby, Rob, Carlos

Mike_302

Sega Channel

Post by Mike_302 »

Who else got to experience this? I think it might to this day be one of the best gaming ideas I have ever seen..

I still remember loading it up when they changed the games and browsing to see what I could play for free, and trying to finish Phantasy Star any time it popped in before it got rotated out again :P

TheSSNintendo

Re: Sega Channel

Post by TheSSNintendo »

Man, that was one of the best things back then. 50 games per month, and hours of fun. Seems like every month when new games were uploaded, either me, my brother, or my sister attempted to get up early just so we could see the new games. Phantasy Star IV and Mega Man: The Wily Wars were a couple of my favorites on there. Unfortunately, it became harder for the Sega Channel to connect later on in it's lifespan.

Rob

Post by Rob »

I was aware of it when it was around, but never took part of it. Sounds like I missed out on some cool stuff.

Erosion_Of_Sanity

Post by Erosion_Of_Sanity »

I actually vaguely remember this; I believe an older friend of mine at the time had it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gamemaster

Post by gamemaster »

I had it the good old days

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I remember a friend had it and he had the high score for Mortal Kombat for the longest time for the state of Texas.

RegalSin
Banned

Post by RegalSin »

I am just wondering why the lcon ( the little dancing man ) looked simular to the one on the

X-Band?
Just walk away and you can live. Just walk away and it all can be over. Dont bother responding.

hoaryhag

Post by hoaryhag »

Never had it but it would have been sweet. No such thing as a cable connection where I lived.