Chuck Norris for president … of Texas

BS about anything you like in here, as long as it's not TOO controversial

Moderators: Rob, Carlos

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Chuck Norris for president … of Texas

Post by Zap! »

(CNN) – Actor Chuck Norris has his eyes on the presidency, but not the White House. Norris wrote that he would be interested in becoming the president of Texas, if the state were ever to secede from the Union.

“I may run for president of Texas,” Norris wrote Monday in a column posted at WorldNetDaily. “That need may be a reality sooner than we think. If not me, someone someday may again be running for president of the Lone Star state, if the state of the union continues to turn into the enemy of the state.”

The actor claimed “thousands of cell groups will be united around the country in solidarity over the concerns for our nation” and said that if states decide to secede from the union, that Texas would lead the way.

“Anyone who has been around Texas for any length of time knows exactly what we'd do if the going got rough in America,” Norris wrote.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... -of-texas/
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

gamemaster

Re: Chuck Norris for president … of Texas

Post by gamemaster »

Chuck Norris stay in the movies

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

gamemaster wrote:Chuck Norris stay in the movies
Isn't he like 69 now? Yeah he's in great shape and can probably still knock out the average 25 year old, but well past his tough guy prime.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Rob

Post by Rob »

Well, I consider myself pretty spry but I'd still hate to tangle with Chuck Norris. BUT- he couldn't even get Huckabee elected, so I doubt he's ever going to be at the forefront of any major political regime.

Having said that, I'd vote for him. His politics mirror mine fairly close, and I think he's got a good head on his shoulders, and would probably make a decent politician. I too support state's rights for secession, and I think the most likely state to be able to pull it off would be Texas. Vermont is a close second though.

This could be considered flaky treason, but I will never consider Obama to be my president, as he hasn't earned that honor. Chick Norris, however, could roundhouse kick himself towards leadership of my country any day.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Rob wrote:Well, I consider myself pretty spry but I'd still hate to tangle with Chuck Norris. BUT- he couldn't even get Huckabee elected, so I doubt he's ever going to be at the forefront of any major political regime.

Having said that, I'd vote for him. His politics mirror mine fairly close, and I think he's got a good head on his shoulders, and would probably make a decent politician. I too support state's rights for secession, and I think the most likely state to be able to pull it off would be Texas. Vermont is a close second though.

This could be considered flaky treason, but I will never consider Obama to be my president, as he hasn't earned that honor. Chick Norris, however, could roundhouse kick himself towards leadership of my country any day.
I always thought Idaho or Montana would be the first to try an pull it off (well, by first I mean first in our lifetimes). Apparently, Alaska has a strong independance party too. Sarah Palin's husband was once a member.

If Texas succeeds, IMO there is none better qualified than Ron Paul. Hell, make him dictator of Texas for all I care. :)

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Whoa, this is picking up some major steam!

Gov. Rick Perry: Texas Could Secede, Leave Union

Rob

Post by Rob »

I like Rick Perry. He's what Texas needs right now.

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I'd vote for Chuck Norris! Chuck Norris has no hair on his balls...because hair doesn't grow on steel!

Rob

Post by Rob »

Carlos, being a Texan, how do you feel about this whole secession thing?

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Rob wrote:Carlos, being a Texan, how do you feel about this whole secession thing?
At first, I couldn't stand Rick Perry after he decided not to take the stimulus money to help Texas unemployment. It affected me a lot as I was unemployed at the time. I then read more into it, and realized that Perry was right, because if we did take the money, Texas tax payers would be stuck with the bill because of "all the strings attached". Also, although it doesn't seem like it, at least to me, Texas' unemployment rate and economy is still doing better that many other state in the nation.

As far as the secession thing goes, even though it will probably never happen in our lifetime, I'm all for it. We are a "proud, stand tall, take no shit from anyone" state, and we're not going to put up with the government's bullshit spending and driving our nation into more debt. Let the banks crumble. It's they're fault for using predatory tactics to give people like college kids a line of credit, knowing the average college student is broke as shit and can't afford to pay anyone back. Let the car company's fail. Fuck all those assholes that just had to be Billy Badass by buying a Hummer or other big SUV. You fuckers didn't jerk off to SUVs when gas was over $3 a gallon. US military? Where do you think it comes from? While I'm very much against the war, Texas has more corporations with military contracts than any other state. Same goes for soldiers, God bless them. The majority of soldiers come from Texas as well.

endrant.exe

Rob

Post by Rob »

Good answer, and I agree with you 100%. :mario-link-fight:

(Man, I'm really digging that "Mario giving Link some dap" emoticon. I'm going to misuse it to the best of my ability. :) )