The Games That Weren't by Frank Gasking

Video gaming books, magazines, and newsletters. If you can read it, discuss it in here!
Zap!
Zap! Commander

The Games That Weren't by Frank Gasking

Post by Zap! »

Basically, this book showcases games that were in development, but for whatever reason were canceled. It's a fantastic premise for a book, however there is one major game that it's lacking: SwordQuest AirWorld. That's perhaps the most well-know game ever to be canceled, so there's simply no excuse as to why it wasn't mentioned. They even hand an honorable mentions section, and it wasn't in there either. Seriously, this is like a football team missing a quarterback. It's mind-boggling how it could have been looked over.

I also would have liked to see Sadness for the Wii mentioned. It was an unreleased horror game mentioned early on in the Wii's release, and was entirely in black and white. Also, the real Phantasy Star IV: The Return Of Alis was another. It was supposed to come out for the Sega CD, featuring FMV cut-scenes and the return of Alis.
Attachments
thtw.jpg
thtw.jpg (162.55 KiB) Viewed 116 times
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Darryl B.

Re: The Games That Weren't

Post by Darryl B. »

Pretty good subject material, definitely!

So I take it they go back to the 2600 days and all? It goes through many years?
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: The Games That Weren't

Post by Zap! »

Darryl B. wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:39 am Pretty good subject material, definitely!

So I take it they go back to the 2600 days and all? It goes through many years?
Good question. Yes, it goes all the way back to the 70's to modern unreleased games. Interesting read.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube