The Rarest and Most Valuable NES Games

1985-1989 gave us the Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Master System, Atari 7800, XE Game System, etc. Great times indeed.

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos

Zap!
Zap! Commander

The Rarest and Most Valuable NES Games

Post by Zap! »

Highly interesting read, but it apparently needs to be updated since it lists Stadium Events' value for a mere $275 – $1,000!

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/nintendo ... games.html
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Rob

Re: The Rarest and Most Valuable NES Games

Post by Rob »

Of the ones listed, I have Bubble Bobble 2, Snow Brothers, Ducktales 2 and Stackup. I used to have one of the Myriad carts, but I sold it many years ago. Bubble Bath Babes I sold about five years ago for (I think) about 40.00- I clearly should have hung on to that one.

The part that lists "Additional NES games of value" I have all except for "Bandit Kings of Ancient China". I never even heard of that one.

I think those prices are way off though. Like:

# Menace Beach (Unlicensed): $82 – $130
# Secret Scout (Unlicensed): $56
# Action 52 (Unlicensed): $95

Seriously? Those are pretty common around here.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Rob wrote:Of the ones listed, I have Bubble Bobble 2, Snow Brothers, Ducktales 2 and Stackup. I used to have one of the Myriad carts, but I sold it many years ago. Bubble Bath Babes I sold about five years ago for (I think) about 40.00- I clearly should have hung on to that one.

The part that lists "Additional NES games of value" I have all except for "Bandit Kings of Ancient China". I never even heard of that one.

I think those prices are way off though. Like:

# Menace Beach (Unlicensed): $82 – $130
# Secret Scout (Unlicensed): $56
# Action 52 (Unlicensed): $95

Seriously? Those are pretty common around here.
The guy who sold me the sealed Adventurevision games has a BBB game in box. I can ask him how much he wants for it if you would like. He also had an Air Raid. This guy had an amazing collection, and let me test his Vectrex 3-D Imager.

I'm drifting off topic, I should get banned. :D
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Rob

Post by Rob »

I want a Vectrex 3D imager so bad! Next time you see him, club him over the head and take it next time you see him. :)

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Rob wrote:I want a Vectrex 3D imager so bad! Next time you see him, club him over the head and take it next time you see him. :)
He sold it on eBay a couple of months ago for around $1,000. Last year he offered it to me for $400. I never got back to him. :(

Rob

Post by Rob »

You know, when something like that happens, I just chalk it up to "it wasn't meant to be." That's how I keep from killing myself when I sell something like BBB for 40.00 bucks and then ten years down the road guys are willing to plunk down a solid grand on it.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Rob wrote:You know, when something like that happens, I just chalk it up to "it wasn't meant to be." That's how I keep from killing myself when I sell something like BBB for 40.00 bucks and then ten years down the road guys are willing to plunk down a solid grand on it.
I have the worst luck when buying and selling. It seems when I want something, the bid always goes high. If I win it I wind up paying way too much. When I sell something, no one is interested and it sells for next to nothing.

fidgedextro
Banned

Post by fidgedextro »

The NES was the last home console I ever bought and eventually sold it and all of my games for a ridiculously low price. After having gone through the golden age of home videogames (Odyssey, Atari/Intellivision/Colecovision...) and often suffered miserably for paying 20 dollars and up for the worst games imaginable (anyone remember E.T.?), I decided not to get suckered into the same cycle a second time. I played many later games with various friends who kept the faith, but was rarely impressed with any of them. Today, it's all about the graphics. The games have actually become easier but longer to play. I don't want to become part of a bad action/fantasy movie. Although I'm not a big fan of sports games of any kind, its the only genre where improved graphics and technical options improve the experience. Anyhow, going back to the topic at hand... These ultra-rare games are available for nothing on emulation sites. MENACE BEACH, BANDIT KINGS OF ANCIENT CHINA... I have 'em all. Once again, as I've posted elsewhere, even if you have decent controllers, these games don't play exactly the same as they do on the original consoles. I admire and respect collectors. But even if I had the money, I would never spend a thousand dollars on any NES game. I'd rather buy an arcade game for that kind of money.