Stadium Events

1985-1989 gave us the Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Master System, Atari 7800, XE Game System, etc. Great times indeed.

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Stadium Events

Post by Zap! »

Stadium Events is a rarity 10+ NES game, and recently has seen it's value surpass $10,000 CIB. I don't think it's as rare as it's made out to be, and yet the price seems to be approaching NWC. It was supposedly only released in Woolworth, but I have my doubts that it's true.

It is for use with the rare Bandai Family Fun and Fitness Power Pad (comes with Athletic World) which I once had and returned because it sucked. :)

One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

TwinChargers

Re: Stadium Events

Post by TwinChargers »

I have an old Funcoland price guide and that has Stadium Events as a game that they would pay you $24 for. For comparison, at the time you could have recieved $38 for your 1992 John Madden Football for the SNES.

I'd say Stadium Events is a rare game, but not to the $10,000 level that you speak of.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: Stadium Events

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:I have an old Funcoland price guide and that has Stadium Events as a game that they would pay you $24 for. For comparison, at the time you could have recieved $38 for your 1992 John Madden Football for the SNES.

I'd say Stadium Events is a rare game, but not to the $10,000 level that you speak of.
The way the price has skyrocketed in the past year or two is absurd. Just a couple of years ago, you could get a boxed copy for a little over $1,000.

I also dispute the official story that it could only be bought in Woolworth, and there are only 10 copies or so left. Highly doubt Funcoland in 1992 with no Internet would have heard about this and listed it for $24 if that were the case.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube