Atari 800 XL

Have an Atari 800? A Commordore 64? An Amiga? Talk about it in here
Jboypacman

Atari 800 XL

Post by Jboypacman »

Who here has a Atari 800 Xl or even a 400 for that matter? What games do you own for it and what games are looking to get for it?

I have 800 XL myself and only have a handful of games for it....

PitFall!
Buck Rogers
Pac-Man
Donkey Kong
Centipede

Rob

Re: Atari 800 XL

Post by Rob »

I have the XE console with the keyboard, with a shoebox full of games and programs. I have the disk drive and the zapper, but I never have come across a tape drive for it yet. I guess *technically* that was my first computer, but all I ever did was play games on it.

I can't remember all the games I have, but I know I have Rescue on Fractulus, Pac Man, Donkey Kong, Centipede, Defender, some flight sim, and the zapper game where you shoot bugs. I think I had a Star Wars title too.

The XE pretty much got closeted later that Christmas when I got an NES. It's probably my least favorite Atari system. It just never clicked with me.

nathanallan1

Post by nathanallan1 »

My 800XL is here, and I have a broken one that's BOXED (still broken) and a 600XL. No tape deck, but two disk drives and the big dot matrix printer (1025?? can't remember). I have a few games for it but not nearly enough, but a whole box full of disk software that doesn't get near enough play time. My house is too small!!
http://www.gamegavel.com RULES!

Covering the world in Genesis goodness!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Never had an Atari 800, but I did have an Atari XE Game system. Once I bought the 1050 (I think that's the model number) disk drive from Tim Duarte (The 2600 Connection founder), it essentially became the same thing. I always liked it. I have tons of games on floppy disks. Wonder if they still work, haven't tried in like 15 years.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

I have one now. Pay no attention to Jerry Springer on the PVM...
Attachments
20211019_015344.jpg
20211019_015344.jpg (3.13 MiB) Viewed 1366 times
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube