King's Quest

Have an Atari 800? A Commordore 64? An Amiga? Talk about it in here
Zap!
Zap! Commander

King's Quest

Post by Zap! »

Who here was into these games back in the day? I got into them a little late, around 1991 or 1992. The game I got was King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella, for my Atari STe. I fell in love with it right away, and eventually beat it (extremely hard with no internet). I loved it so much I quickly ordered I, II, and III. Although IV was still my favorite, I appreciated them all. II was my second favorite, with III being my least (this is the only one of the four with a time limit, and since I'm a slow gamer, the wizard always caught me).

For Christmas 1994, my mom bought me a CD-ROM for my PC (probably a 486), and one CD game. I quickly set it up, and rushed to play that CD game, King's Quest V. Although the critics don't like it, I hearted this game to no end. SVGA graphics, and voice throughout the game! I played it until the end, and loved every minute of it. However, that was the last of the magic. I never did get into another King's Quest game again, although I did briefly play parts VI and VII.

A couple of years ago, I got King's Quest Collection, which is all seven games in one (hmm, but no VIII), updated to work on modern, faster PC's. I recommend any fan or anyone who has never played a King's Quest game to get this, as it is very cheap now on Amazon. One of these days, I will play all seven in order, and try not to cheat with modern internet hints. :D
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube