PSone Combo

This era brought us the CD-i, Laser Active, 3DO, Atari Jaguar, Sony PlayStation, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, and others

Moderator: Carlos

TwinChargers

PSone Combo

Post by TwinChargers »

Just getting your guys opinion on Sonys last gasp for the original PlayStation. It was the small PSone with the combo LCD screen. Kinda desiring a semi-portable system that I could play while the kids watch TV or before I go to bed. Given the PS1 library it has to be one of the largest (behind GameBoy) supported portable systems.

Anyone here play or own this? Recommend or bash away! :pslogo:
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: PSone Combo

Post by Zap! »

I have never played one, but I always wanted this almost as much as the portable NEC PC Engine folding LCD (that price is sky high though). How much can you get this for?
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

From what I've seen they can be had online in the area of $50-$80. Not too shaby considering the library size and overall reliablity. Just make sure the LCD isn't a knockoff and its a Sony brand since I have read that those are the significantly better ones. I'd guess you could get one at a pawn shop even cheaper if you'd be willing to look a bit.

nathanallan1

Post by nathanallan1 »

Word of warning, when the smaller PSOne breaks, it breaks good and is a pain to repair. No rebuilding a laser mech, straight up replacement if you can find one.

Can't say anything about the screen, but I know it's used for a lot of modding projects.

Nathan
http://www.gamegavel.com RULES!

Covering the world in Genesis goodness!

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

So I picked this up, and the screen is immaculate, and the sound is really crisp and capable of being loud with no distortion. Very impressed so far.