Videogames Hardware Handbook

Video gaming books, magazines, and newsletters. If you can read it, discuss it in here!
Zap!
Zap! Commander

Videogames Hardware Handbook

Post by Zap! »

Anyone have this book yet? If yes, how is it? Judging by the cover, it looks like a good read. Seems to be sold in Barnes & Nobile for about $20.

http://tinycartridge.com/post/292456217 ... a-256-page
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

nathanallan1

Re: Videogames Hardware Handbook

Post by nathanallan1 »

I don't have it, but I WANT it! It looks like a Chilton's manual, love that!!
http://www.gamegavel.com RULES!

Covering the world in Genesis goodness!

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Yea, I've seen this are Barnes and Noble a few times. I really want to pick it up, but I don't know about the $20 price tag. Don't get me wrong. I love Retro Gamer and their articles and write ups, but I hate having to spend $15 an issue or $20 to cover UK importing fees.

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I bit the bullet and picked this up today. I've read a couple of articles and so far it's pretty good, but they're missing some parts as well. Some of the consoles have a top 10 games list, while others do not. For example, there's a nice article about the Genesis/Mega Drive, but no top 10 list. Also, there's no mention of the Neo-Geo, or Atari 5600 or 7800. Then again, I think the book just covers what's been covered in previous issues of Retro Gamer. The current issue in the US (Tales from Monkey Island cover) has a nice article about the Neo-Geo, so maybe that's why it's not in this book. I still think it's well worth the $20 though.