Anyone playing The Beatles: Rock Band?

2005 to present, began with the Xbox 360 and continued with the PlayStation 3 and Wii
Carlos

Anyone playing The Beatles: Rock Band?

Post by Carlos »

Picked up the PS3 version (game only, not the $250 set). Spent all morning playing through the entire game. Only took me about 3 1/2 hours to go through the main story, but then again, it's only 45 songs. Now I'm going back trying to five star all the songs and get all the trophies as well as all the documentary content.I was kinda depressed once I reached the end on the Apple Corp. rooftop knowing it was the end, and that in real life, this was when the band was falling apart with Paul and John at each other's throats. I really love the game though. I was already a big Beatles fan, but now I have a whole new appreciation for the band, especially George Harrison's guitar work. The venues are very well done and Abbey Road "dream sequences" are amazing and great visual experience.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: Anyone playing The Beatles: Rock Band?

Post by Zap! »

I will likely pass on this and get Guitar Hero 5 instead. I have to get the complete set (I don't even have a guitar on the PS3), and really aren't looking forward to spending so much money and getting such a huge box that I know I won't throw out. Are you a big Beatles fan?
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm a huge Beatles fan, but my hatred of all things Rock Band/Guitar Hero far outweighs my Fab Four love. :)

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Yeah, I'm a pretty big Beatles fan. I think I'm gonna sell my Rock Band 2 set and Beatles, and pick up Guitar Hero 5.

I played Beatles all day the day I got it, and maybe have only touched it three times since. After you 5 star all the songs, view all the pictures and documentary content, there's very little replay value.

I enjoy Rock Band 2, but I only really play the guitar. My fiance sings sometimes, but she's been so busy with work/school, she's usually too tired to play. Lastly, I hate the fucking drum set. I don't know if there's a delay on my TV or what, but it just seems like certain drum hits don't register. Same on the GH:WT drum set.

So yeah, I think I'm just gonna eventually sell this stuff off and get the GH5 guitar set, and eventually get the Aerosmith, Metallica, and Van Halen Guitar Heroes, since I'm a huge fan of all three bands.

Speaking of music games, anyone interested in DJ Hero? I must admit, I definitely want to try it out, especially since Daft Punk are playable DJs and also have their own venue, as well as 11 exclusing songs/mixes in the game.