What's everyone up to these days?

BS about anything you like in here, as long as it's not TOO controversial

Moderators: Rob, Carlos

Carlos

What's everyone up to these days?

Post by Carlos »

Noticed the forum hasn't been to lively lately so I just wanted to see what everyone is up to these days....

As for me, I'm still unemployed. Job market sucks balls out here. I've had some bites here and there, but have only been on three real interviews since I got laid off in July. I guess on the plus side, I'm collecting unemployment and I have all the free time in the world now. With my fiance being a teacher and school starting up this week, it gets pretty boring around just watching TV and hanging out with the dog all day. On the other side, I've finally seen the summer movies I missed out on like Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince (book was better), Ponyo (one of Miyazaki's best!), and District 9 (fucking amazing!). I plan to see Halloween II tomorrow and I'll plan to see Inglorious Basterds and Gamer next week. It's nice going to the movies during the week and paying only $5 to see the first showing and not having to worry about large crowds.

On the gaming side of things, I'm sad to say that I've given up on classic and retro gaming from a collecting standpoint. After such a terrible experience with my last chase the chuck wagon transaction, I got a NES top loader and some games from a seller on Neo-Geo. The top loader was all marked up and only half the games that came with it worked. Being burned twice in a row left a very terrible taste in my mouth that I'm not sure I'll recover from. Don't get me wrong though. I'm not leaving Zap, and I'm classic gaming entirely. I'm just gonna stick to Virtual Console on the Wii, and once I get a 360, Xbox Live arcade. Speaking of Xbox 360, since my birthday is less than two weeks away (hint, hint :naughty: ), my fiance said she'd get me a 360 as long as I pay for half of it. I've saved up some cash, and plan to get an Elite when the price drops on Sunday, but I'm not allowed to open it or play it until my birthday though, lol. Anyway, I got my gamer tag in my sig, so if anyone wants to play some games, I'll be online in a few days.

Outside that, not much else going on. Looking forward to both football and hockey season, and I'm rootin' for the Rangers to get the A.L. wild card (after winning the series against Ter's Yankees, lol)

Hope everyone is doing well! Catch ya on da flipside!

Darryl B.

Re: What's everyone up to these days?

Post by Darryl B. »

Heh, my sister's a teacher too. What's your fiance teach, and what grade level? Bad timing on MY end to dig up this old game called Laser Attack, get addicted to it, then the nephew goes back to school :P

I've got a few things going on, not going to say much about them for the moment, case I jinx them. I'll post later when they pick up though.

Sorry to hear about the no job thing. Just keep trying, of course.
Carlos wrote:Looking forward to both football and hockey season, and I'm rootin' for the Rangers to get the A.L. wild card (after winning the series against Ter's Yankees, lol)
Heh! Always have to rub something in when you can, eh? :D
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Carlos

Re: What's everyone up to these days?

Post by Carlos »

Darryl B. wrote:Heh, my sister's a teacher too. What's your fiance teach, and what grade level? Bad timing on MY end to dig up this old game called Laser Attack, get addicted to it, then the nephew goes back to school :P

I've got a few things going on, not going to say much about them for the moment, case I jinx them. I'll post later when they pick up though.

Sorry to hear about the no job thing. Just keep trying, of course.
Carlos wrote:Looking forward to both football and hockey season, and I'm rootin' for the Rangers to get the A.L. wild card (after winning the series against Ter's Yankees, lol)
Heh! Always have to rub something in when you can, eh? :D
She teaches 2nd grade and going into her sixth year. She hasn't been back a full week yet, and already she's starting to get stressed. She's gone to bed at 10pm or earlier all week. Since she's great with kids with special needs, she was given every single emotionally disturbed and special education in the 2nd grade class. On top of that, she has 21 kids and only 8 of them are at a 2nd grade reading level or higher. It's gonna be a long year... :BangHead: