New to the forum

Introduce yourself to the world, and explain your video gaming story

Moderators: Rob, Carlos, Darryl B.

serenade

New to the forum

Post by serenade »

Hello everyone! I'm from Singapore. I like the way the 'Classic Gaming' section of this forum is organized. I got a bout of classic-game nostalgia after watching the Video Games Live concert recently. I'm a great fan of game music (especially classic ones).

Videogames were the best part of my childhood. I started on NES when I was seven..fond memories of Mario, Lode Runner, etc. I remember pestering my parents for months to get this crappy console, an NES imitation (I can't remember its name though) that came with hundreds of games.
My favourite Sega games are Ghouls & Ghosts (which was a pain), Sonic, and Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion. Many of those games came in Japanese titles which I couldn't read very well, so I never knew their English titles until fairly recently. Strangely, the music for those games had stuck with me all these years, and I'd found out some of the names by searching for the music.

I'm not a fan of consoles; I have a habit of buying a console just for a particular game (e.g. I bought Sega Genesis for MKII, and PSP for Dracula X Chronicles)

I'm currently playing Symphony of the Night on PSP (this is my first time playing SoTN) and I just can't get enough of it..this is a truly timeless game, the music and everything are just amazing.

This is just my opinion, but I find that games nowadays aren't made as well as those in the past (despite the technological advances)..as in, they fail to touch me.. but maybe it's just nostalgia.

Carlos

Re: New to the forum

Post by Carlos »

Welcome to the forums! Nice to meet a fellow SotN fan!

Rob

Post by Rob »

Welcome!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Hey, welcome to the board! I am always happy to have overseas members, as we can learn a lot from you guys about classic gaming around the world.

How did you hear about Zap!? Search? MySpace? Other gaming board? :gamer:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

serenade

Post by serenade »

Ter wrote:Hey, welcome to the board! I am always happy to have overseas members, as we can learn a lot from you guys about classic gaming around the world.

How did you hear about Zap!? Search? MySpace? Other gaming board? :gamer:
Hey thanks, which countries are you guys from?

I got to know about Zap! from Retrogaming Roundtable.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

I am from where I still live, Staten Island, NY USA. :) Being part of NYC, it is a major gaming area. We got the test launch of several gaming items first (such as the NES in October, 1985), and rare games in other area were more common here (SwordQuest: Waterworld). I believe we also were the first to get the Atari Lynx before a nationwide release.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

Nice retro sum-up/intro!

I'm from the States, Texas specifically.
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

serenade

Post by serenade »

Oops I must have been so sleepy when I sent that... it's obvious which countries you guys are from..LOL

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

Welcome, great forum here and always a pleasure to gain a new member! :donkeykong_beatingchest:
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

triverse

Post by triverse »

Not here as much as I would like to be but for what it's worth, I will send you a welcome too!