Anyone subscribe to Gamepro?

Video gaming books, magazines, and newsletters. If you can read it, discuss it in here!
Rob

Anyone subscribe to Gamepro?

Post by Rob »

I had a one year subscription that started with the September issue of last year. The last issue I received was the January 2009 issue, so I've missed the last few issues. Anyone else have any problems with GP?

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: Anyone subscribe to Gamepro?

Post by Zap! »

Rob wrote:I had a one year subscription that started with the September issue of last year. The last issue I received was the January 2009 issue, so I've missed the last few issues. Anyone else have any problems with GP?
For their first five years or so, I never missed an issue. I still have them all, but haven't gotten an issue in a while now.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

Unfortunately, I don't like GamePro. I had a subscription, but it was a free one year subscription. Did not miss it much, though I did wish I had another year for free. :)

gamemaster

Post by gamemaster »

Did thay go under too i never got mine too.

Rob

Post by Rob »

That's what I was wondering, because I don't look for it in the stores either, so I don't know if these issues even came out.

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

It's odd you mention this. After EGM went under, I never got a refund or any kind of notification about the remainder of my subscription, or them even going under for that matter.

As far as GamePro goes, I don't think they've gone under. I saw a new issue (UFC on the cover) at Barnes & Noble last week. Then again, I haven't enjoyed GamePro since the late 80s and early 90s.

Anyone remember the comic they used to have with the guy in the yellow and orange space suit? Man, I miss magazines like that. Just like Howard and Nester.

Oh well, the only gaming mag I really read these days is Retro Gamer. I'm very much looking forward to reading the Genesis/Mega Drive article in the new issue. The Sega/Mega-CD article in the current issue was a good read as well.

Rob

Post by Rob »

So, if Carlos saw a new one on the stands, but nobody that subscribes is receiving them, I guess it's safe to assume that Gamepro is run by a bunch of crooked screw ups?

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

Rob wrote:So, if Carlos saw a new one on the stands, but nobody that subscribes is receiving them, I guess it's safe to assume that Gamepro is run by a bunch of crooked screw ups?
Always been that way, IMO.

I remember when they started acting like british gaming mags...flamming every person who sent them a letter, even a nice one.

Still better than Nintendo Power, though.

triverse

Post by triverse »

Carlos, over at Retromags you can get The Adventures of Gamepro 1 through 3, I am PMing the links to you since I am not sure about how linking is accepted here.