Dream Car

BS about anything you like in here, as long as it's not TOO controversial

Moderators: Rob, Carlos

TwinChargers

Dream Car

Post by TwinChargers »

Seems as if we have a few guys in here that are fans of automobiles as well, so out of curiosity, what is your dream car. I'm keeping mine simple since I'd like my dream to someday become a reality. I'm gonna go with the 1976 Chevy Monte Carlo. Ideally it would be black with black leather interior. Nice black vinyl top. Powered by a beefy V8.

Big fan of the older 2 door luxury/sport model of cars. The Buick Riviera, Cadillac Eldorado, Mercury Cougar, and Lincoln Mark Series were all beautiful and are dearly missed by me.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Jakenut86

Re: Dream Car

Post by Jakenut86 »

I'd really love to get another Corvette one day.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

66 Shelby Cobra, blue with white racing stripes. :headbang:

This has been my dream car ever since I first laid eyes on one.

Back to scratching off lotto tickets, lol.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:Seems as if we have a few guys in here that are fans of automobiles as well, so out of curiosity, what is your dream car. I'm keeping mine simple since I'd like my dream to someday become a reality. I'm gonna go with the 1976 Chevy Monte Carlo. Ideally it would be black with black leather interior. Nice black vinyl top. Powered by a beefy V8.

Big fan of the older 2 door luxury/sport model of cars. The Buick Riviera, Cadillac Eldorado, Mercury Cougar, and Lincoln Mark Series were all beautiful and are dearly missed by me.
My Mom had a bought a brand new hunter green '76 Monte Carlo. She loved that car so much. Anyway, here's my dream. The Buick Grand National. I had two of these and want another. What's not to like about a car that only comes in black and was the fastest production car in the US in the 80's?

One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

SegaBoy wrote:66 Shelby Cobra, blue with white racing stripes. :headbang:

This has been my dream car ever since I first laid eyes on one.

Back to scratching off lotto tickets, lol.
You get that, and I'll get a '70 SS Chevelle 454 LS6 (red with white racing stripes). Who would win?
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I think it would be close, but one Hell of a race! :headbang:

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

SegaBoy wrote:I think it would be close, but one Hell of a race! :headbang:
It wouldn't be pretty, and you wouldn't want to get ANYWHERE near us. It would also be so loud it would wake the dead. :D

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Ter wrote:
TwinChargers wrote:Seems as if we have a few guys in here that are fans of automobiles as well, so out of curiosity, what is your dream car. I'm keeping mine simple since I'd like my dream to someday become a reality. I'm gonna go with the 1976 Chevy Monte Carlo. Ideally it would be black with black leather interior. Nice black vinyl top. Powered by a beefy V8.

My Mom had a bought a brand new hunter green '76 Monte Carlo. She loved that car so much. Anyway, here's my dream. The Buick Grand National. I had two of these and want another. What's not to like about a car that only comes in black and was the fastest production car in the US in the 80's?

That's one sweet looking car. Has about the same body style that my old '84 Monte Carlo had.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:
Ter wrote:

That's one sweet looking car. Has about the same body style that my old '84 Monte Carlo had.
Yes, the G-Body, just like the Monte and Olds 442. The Grand National was unique in that it was just a V6. But it had a turbo, and far faster than the others. It is only one of two GM cars to EVER beat the Corvette on horsepower for that particular year. The other time was in 1970, with the SS Chevelle LS6 454.