Downandup/Conficker worm

BS about anything you like in here, as long as it's not TOO controversial

Moderators: Rob, Carlos

Jakenut86

Downandup/Conficker worm

Post by Jakenut86 »

I don't use PC's but I read this and figured it might be good to let others know about it so they can try and avoid it

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/116396

I hate people who make these damn viruses, can't they just let everyone have fun? I mean why do they have to make everyone spend hundreds more dollars to protect their PC's? I think these guys should be taken outside, qleft1 , :hanged: , and :BEHEAD: !!!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Carlos

Re: Downandup/Conficker worm

Post by Carlos »

It's a conspiracy man! :maniac:

Seriously though, there are tons of rumors that companies like McAfee and Norton hire hackers and programmers to purposely create harmful worms, viruses, etc, to force poor people who don't know any better to spend their money on their crappy anti-virus software

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Yeah I heard that somewheres before. I for one am glad I switched over to Mac as since having it I have not gotten a single virus where my PC used to get em all the time.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Jakenut86 wrote:Yeah I heard that somewheres before. I for one am glad I switched over to Mac as since having it I have not gotten a single virus where my PC used to get em all the time.
I hear ya, man. I want a Macbook Pro or Macbook Air soooooooooooooooooooo bad.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Since the move to Vista, I've had maybe two or three viruses, which for the amount of time I spend online and the stuff I download, is remarkable. Compared to XP I was getting at least a virus a week, I think I've had three in a year and a half.

I use Malwarebytes Anti-Virus ( a heuristic scan), Spyware Blaster Firewall, and Spybot in addition to the Windows firewall & Defender. All free, and all better than McAffee and Norton IMO.

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Well if they are free then I don't think they are the ones paying for viruses to be made. I definitely think the bigger virus software companies are in on it, as without viruses there would be no need for new antivirus software. So they would be outta a job.