Does anyone actually believe in 12/21/2012?

BS about anything you like in here, as long as it's not TOO controversial

Moderators: Rob, Carlos

megasdkirby

Does anyone actually believe in 12/21/2012?

Post by megasdkirby »

So a few months ago, I was bored out of my mind, when all of a sudden I started surfing YouTube and saw a video of something called the "Nibiru". I was curious at what this thing was, so I saw the video...supposedly it's a planet coming on Dec. 12, 2012 that will cause the end of planet Earth as we know it.

Naturally, I scoffed at the idea, thinking it's yet another "end of the world" fiasco, like the Y2K thing.

But then I started looking up info on the date itself, and saw other doomsday predictions that have nothing to do with this "renegade planet". Things like the Mayan calender, a Chinese fortune telling thing, predictions made in medieval times...all gave the same indication: that something terrible will happen on Dec. 21, 2012.

So I admit, this has freaked me out a bit, specially when they show pretty convincing evidence.

I know it's still BS and nothing more, but it just makes me wonder about how can independent sources predict the same thing and at the same end date? Can't help that, even when I know it's fake, it does send a shiver down my spine because even though we might think it's fake, what if...just what if it's true?

gamemaster

Re: Does anyone actually believe in 12/21/2012?

Post by gamemaster »

I think about it sometimes and hope it not true.

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

I haven't really researched it as much as you have megas, but from what I understand, the planet was supposed to first make an appearance in 2004 or something and didn't, then the end would come in 2012. Also there's something about a calculation that was incorrect in determining...well, whatever it is, and it's actually supposed to arrive (if that's even true) decades later than originally said.

As Dave Barry once said, "I look forward to it, I plan on being dead". That's about how I look at it.

If the end comes, then it does...not much we can do about it, I don't think.

Also I think the thing that also ties into this, the Mayan calendar ending on that date, it only ENDS because the calendar was drawn in a circle and they ran out of room, so that supposedly doesn't really mean anything either.

Someone could probably explain all this better than I can, just a few things I've heard, accurate or not.
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Well, I'm all about conspiracy theories, UFOlogy, possible existence of extraterrestrial life, chaos theory, doom sayers, predictions of Nostradamus, and stuff like that. I was watching some shows on 12-21-12 on History Channel not too long ago. While I do believe something big will happen on that date or close to it, I don't think it will be the end of the world. Then again, the Mayan calendar, Chinese mystics, cave paintings, and even Egyptian hieroglyphics have eerily correctly predicted may major instances in not only world history, but things going on in our universe as well. It's all scary stuff and the possibility that something could happen frightens me just a bit. But once again, I do believe something world changing will happen, but I don't think it will end all life as we know it.

Right now, I'm really interested in the whole New World Order, One World Government, Illuminati, World War 3 "racial cleansing" conspiracy theory, extraterrestrial beings secretly running the world/providing our technology thing. It's being talked about a lot now. A lot of it goes into all the crazy shit at the Denver Airport. There's a lot of weird shit going on there. Strange paintings, weird subliminal messages, strange, electrified/barbed wire fences to keep things (or people) in and not out, runway layouts, and underground buildings. Check out this site here:
http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Denver_Airport.html

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

Wow, pretty strange indeed, and I only just skimmed over all that!
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm very interested in the paranormal, and have examined all the different end time prophecies and pronounced them all bunk. I'm pretty open minded, but as someone who has weathered all the hundreds of supposed "last days" in my lifetime, I'm pretty sure that we'll all still be here on 12/22/12. :)