Arcade room is up!

Zap! forum news from the admin and mods, and also user tips on how to improve the board with any new ideas

Moderators: megasdkirby, Rob

Mike_302

Arcade room is up!

Post by Mike_302 »

Since this is a gaming board, I know there are flash or java versions of many old BBS door games, you may want to try bringing some online here for everyone to play.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: Door Games

Post by Zap! »

I will add those in the coming days. Right now I'm just a bit busy advertizing the board and customizing, and working on getting signatures working perfect.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Mike_302

Post by Mike_302 »

If you need any help let me know, I'm pretty busy myself but I'd be happy to try and help if possible.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Thank you. If you know of any good ones, lemme know.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

I found this flash game. It's pretty fun :) http://www.ugoplayer.com//games/rolfattack.html
_________________________________________________________________________________

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

An arcade was added! Link is under the PayPal button and Chat links for now.
I will put add more games tomorrow.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: Arcade Door Games

Post by Zap! »

Two problems. It's not keeping high scores, and it only puts 10 games on the page, with no "Page 2" option. Working on this.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Fixed a major problem. It's looking good now. Only issue that remains is that it's not keeping any scores. I'm working hard to resolve this. Bear with me, I will be back tonight. These 12 hour work shifts are taking up most of my time, I apologize.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

High scores are now fully working! I had to delete all the games and re-add them, but it was worth it. I added many more. Now go play and beat my scores! :)

Kevins89notch5.0

Re: Arcade room is up!

Post by Kevins89notch5.0 »

I will check that out shortly!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Kevins89notch5.0 wrote:I will check that out shortly!
Do you like it? Now over 300 games!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

It's been a while, but the Arcade is now back online! It's not the prettiest setup, but just click the word "Arcade" in the upper left corner. The good news is that all the old scores are still saved. :opaopa:

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

One of the things I'd like to do most is bring back the Arcade Room. However, being that Adobe Flash Player ended its support on January 12, 2021, it might be all but impossible. I will look into other ways of getting an arcade up and running.

Update: Here is the forums of the JV Arcade creator. He's got the Arcade up and running to test, and it seems to work fine.
https://jv-arcade.com/

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

The Arcade room is back up...well, sorta. Games don't work yet, but I will look into getting the key tonight. I had to start from scratch though, so unfortunately all of the old games and high scores are gone.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Bought the key, so everything should be 100% working now. Expect more games soon! :littlemac:

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

I'm not seeing it but when I found a post in regards to "Demon Solitaire" (sounds great!) and clicked on it it said I didn't have permission to access it.
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Darryl B. wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:54 am I'm not seeing it but when I found a post in regards to "Demon Solitaire" (sounds great!) and clicked on it it said I didn't have permission to access it.
Thanks for letting me know, I had no idea. Should be all fixed.

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about Demon Solitaire. It's been banned from the other end. I removed this and a couple of others that didn't work. All should be working fine now.

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

That's too bad. Everyone should be able to get into the arcade now, or at least I can.
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Darryl B. wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:50 pm That's too bad. Everyone should be able to get into the arcade now, or at least I can.
Yeah everyone should now, even guests (although they can't submit scores unless they register). I'll be adding new games over the coming days and weeks, so look out for them. :Dr_WillyDefeated:

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

After being down for a little bit, it's back up and working. Beat my scores!