The Dendy (Russia's NES/Famicom)

Gaming from other countries

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos

HiddenGremlin

The Dendy (Russia's NES/Famicom)

Post by HiddenGremlin »

Its the russians, version of NES/Famicom. But its not licensed by Nintendo, because Nintendo didn't have a patent on their stuff in Russia. Thus the Dendy was born.

Personally, I have always wanted a Dendy; because I love all things NES related.
Actually, its funny that all countries have their own version of the NES; except for the PAL: European NES which looks identical to ours; with the word "European Version" written on the front.

The Dendy is like NES attacked Famicom and this is their unholy child; it has removable controllers like NES, but the shape of a Famicom and the colors of a NES.

It uses 60 pin Famicom games, but with a 72 pin converter you can play NES games also?
Last edited by HiddenGremlin on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I am also a member of these sites:
FamicomWorld The Uninvited Gremlin
NintendoAGE Dreammary
AtariAGE Dreammary

Rob

Re: The Dendy (Russia's NES/Famicom)

Post by Rob »

I don't think it used a 72 pin, but I'm not positive. I believe I read it in Retro Gamer.

As for the PAL NES, I have a UK edition that is identical to ours, except it says NES Edition on the door.

HiddenGremlin

Post by HiddenGremlin »

Rob wrote:I don't think it used a 72 pin, but I'm not positive. I believe I read it in Retro Gamer.

As for the PAL NES, I have a UK edition that is identical to ours, except it says NES Edition on the door.
Yea, the PAL NES is to similar to ours; they should have had their own unique design.
NintendoAGE Dreammary
AtariAGE Dreammary

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Is that an actual Nintendo product or a clone? It kinda looks like one of those fake systems like they sell at the kiosks at the mall, lol.

HiddenGremlin

Post by HiddenGremlin »

SegaBoy wrote:Is that an actual Nintendo product or a clone? It kinda looks like one of those fake systems like they sell at the kiosks at the mall, lol.
I have found out its not official but it was legal to sell in Russia since Nintendo didn't have a Patent there..
Last edited by HiddenGremlin on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NintendoAGE Dreammary
AtariAGE Dreammary

Rob

Post by Rob »

It was not an officially licensed product. Nor were any of the games legit; there were about three or four major bootleggers that produced the games and one or two Dendy manufacturers.

What's funny is that the Dendy, though it was a counterfeit Famicom, was seen as the "genuine" gaming system and all the other Famiclones were seen as inferior junk.

HiddenGremlin

Post by HiddenGremlin »

Rob wrote:It was not an officially licensed product. Nor were any of the games legit; there were about three or four major bootleggers that produced the games and one or two Dendy manufacturers.

What's funny is that the Dendy, though it was a counterfeit Famicom, was seen as the "genuine" gaming system and all the other Famiclones were seen as inferior junk.
Thats funny, but it doesnt stop me from still wanting one.
NintendoAGE Dreammary
AtariAGE Dreammary

Rob

Post by Rob »

I've seen one taken apart before, it looks like it was built just as good, if not better, than the Famicom. I would own a Dendy over 99% of the other Famiclones floating around. If you get one, just don't plug it in!

HiddenGremlin

Post by HiddenGremlin »

Rob wrote:I've seen one taken apart before, it looks like it was built just as good, if not better, than the Famicom. I would own a Dendy over 99% of the other Famiclones floating around. If you get one, just don't plug it in!
Dont worry I would get a Step Down Converter like I have for Famicom.
NintendoAGE Dreammary
AtariAGE Dreammary

Egoryshkawe
Banned

Post by Egoryshkawe »

What I read I really liked it. Thank you for your information!