The infamous Ring King BJ

1985-1989 gave us the Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Master System, Atari 7800, XE Game System, etc. Great times indeed.

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos

Zap!
Zap! Commander

The infamous Ring King BJ

Post by Zap! »

I know this has been debated forever for the NES game Ring King, but do you guys think it was intentional? Was the designer playing a joke, or does it just look like a BJ? If not, what is he supposed to be doing? Has anyone ever interviewed him and asked?

One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Darryl B.

Re: The infamous Ring King BJ

Post by Darryl B. »

That's...pretty...wrong :D
Zap! wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:19 pm I know this is a nearly has been debated forever for the NES game Ring King, but do you guys think it was intentional?
Difficult to say (I had to stop myself from saying "hard"... :P ), some things don't end up how they seemed on paper. Lotta movies had really good ideas to them but ended up being meh to crappy upon release.
Zap! wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:19 pm Was the designer playing a joke, or does it just look like a BJ? If not, what is he supposed to be doing?
Perhaps just making an adjustment to the boxer's shorts, pants and/or belt.
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: The infamous Ring King BJ

Post by Zap! »

Perhaps it's unintentional and he might be trying to adjust his shorts, but I'm still surprised it got past the bosses. No one said "Hey, it looks too much like a BJ, make a minor adjustment"?

I remember as far back as 1987 or 1988 my friend Vincent saying it looks exactly like that, and we were kids lol.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube