Land of the Lost (1974)

BS about anything you like in here, as long as it's not TOO controversial

Moderators: Rob, Carlos

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Land of the Lost (1974)

Post by Zap! »

Anyone here old enough to remember Land of the Lost? I'm talking about the original series, not the 1991 reboot or the 2009 Will Ferrell movie. It ran for three seasons, from 1974 to 1976, and was a Sid & Marty Krofft production. In the final season, the father Rick Marshall was replaced with his fictional brother, Uncle Jack.

I was a massive fan of this show around 1980, when it was re-run on Saturday mornings. Anyway, I hadn't seen the show in roughly 40 years, but got the Complete Series DVD box set from eBay on Monday. Unlike many 70's kids or superhero TV shows, this one really holds up. The story has continuity, and is really deep for something that was intended for kids.

In total there are 43 episodes. I have a lot more to watch, as I'm still on Season One right now. While not every episode is great, I'm having a lot of fun going through them. So, who else is or was a fan of the show?
Attachments
Land of the Lost.jpg
Land of the Lost.jpg (1 MiB) Viewed 20649 times
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Darryl B.

Re: Land of the Lost (1974)

Post by Darryl B. »

Zap! wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:05 am Unlike many 70's kids or superhero TV shows, this one really holds up. The story has continuity, and is really deep for something that was intended for kids.
That's surprising. You can't say that for revisiting a lot of kids' shows decades later!

I VERY vaguely remember watching either this or Land of the Giants. LofG came out several years later but back then they still showed quite a bit of those Saturday morning shows for a while (gigantically old Road Runner cartoons, anyone? And those lasted for quite a while longer!).
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi