Commodore 16

Have an Atari 800? A Commordore 64? An Amiga? Talk about it in here
TwinChargers

Commodore 16

Post by TwinChargers »

Anybody here use one of these before? Apparently it was a commercial failure here in North America. I believe it was released between the VIC 20 and the 64, but it is compatible with neither. Reason I ask is there is on craigslist in my town a C16 CIB in mint perfect condition is being sold for $10 and it comes along with a c-16 tudor. I know that this is probably a decent deal, but I know also it is gonna be difficult to find anything compatible with it. Its difficult to find much info on it, so I was wondering if I could get some recommendations or testimonials from you guys before I pursue it.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

MaximumRD

Re: Commodore 16

Post by MaximumRD »

Don't know much more either but in that condition at that price I would grab it just for the collection! It is a cool looking machine for sure.
Basic Info (for those interested):
http://www.commodore-plus4.co.uk/Commodore%20C16.htm
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:Anybody here use one of these before? Apparently it was a commercial failure here in North America. I believe it was released between the VIC 20 and the 64, but it is compatible with neither. Reason I ask is there is on craigslist in my town a C16 CIB in mint perfect condition is being sold for $10 and it comes along with a c-16 tudor. I know that this is probably a decent deal, but I know also it is gonna be difficult to find anything compatible with it. Its difficult to find much info on it, so I was wondering if I could get some recommendations or testimonials from you guys before I pursue it.
Not sure what it's worth, but for $10, grab it. It's not easy to find, and you can add it to your collection. Or, you could sell it for more than $10 on eBay.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

MaximumRD, is that your own personal Commodore 16? I agree it is a pretty slick looking system. I called yesterday to see if it was still available, but there was no answer. I'll probably try again today sometime.

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

TwinChargers wrote:MaximumRD, is that your own personal Commodore 16? I agree it is a pretty slick looking system. I called yesterday to see if it was still available, but there was no answer. I'll probably try again today sometime.
Wish I could say yes but I cannot, found it with Google picture search..........................

I DO plan a video though showing all that I have (it is not much really compared to others or even some people here) but I will show every system and accessory.

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Well, it sounds like I'm probably gonna be picking this thing up on Monday. More updates on this thing as they come.

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Well, I'm the proud owner of a Commodore 16!! The thing is in nice shape considering its age. The only downside is that I need to find a power adapter for the thing, since it didn't come with one. Has the paperwork with it, and the Tudor cartridge. I've been up for about 21 hours though, so I'll have to look at it more tomorrow.

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

TwinChargers wrote:Well, I'm the proud owner of a Commodore 16!! The thing is in nice shape considering its age. The only downside is that I need to find a power adapter for the thing, since it didn't come with one. Has the paperwork with it, and the Tudor cartridge. I've been up for about 21 hours though, so I'll have to look at it more tomorrow.
Hope you don't have too much trouble finding a PSU or at least something equivalent/compatible. I always thought it would be awesome to put a C64 into that sweet looking case though, not sure how feasable that would be but damn it would look nice.

Having recently obtained an original C64 I am sure I am going to paint it black, my later model 64C looks almost new so I will leave that as is but defintely will paint my original model C64................

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:Well, I'm the proud owner of a Commodore 16!! The thing is in nice shape considering its age. The only downside is that I need to find a power adapter for the thing, since it didn't come with one. Has the paperwork with it, and the Tudor cartridge. I've been up for about 21 hours though, so I'll have to look at it more tomorrow.
Congrats and good for you for finding such a sweet deal. Let me be the first to say though: :ttiwwp:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Ter wrote:
Congrats and good for you for finding such a sweet deal. Let me be the first to say though: :ttiwwp:
Well, my wifes camera is on the fritz right now, so it may be a bit until I get some photos up. Nothing real special to see anyways, atleast nothing you cannot find on other sites. Looks exactly like the pick MaximumRD posted earlier. From the smell of it, it definitely came from a smokers home. I'd say the box it came in is in pretty fair condition, not "mint" by any means, but decent. Now I just have to venture out to the garage and look for a power adapter of some sort.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Any updates on this? Do you have any games for it yet?