Newest Video Game Finds

A place to brag about your latest gaming finds
TwinChargers

Newest Video Game Finds

Post by TwinChargers »

Maybe we could get this to become a "sticky" at the top of the thread if we get a good response. Premise is pretty simple, just post whenever you buy something gaming related that you wanna brag/tell about.

Anyways, today I went off to a local pawn shop and got myself a few games. Got California Games for the 2600 for $3, Berzerk also for the 2600 for only a buck and Medal of Honor: Frontline for the Xbox for $2.

Hope to hit up a few pawns/thrifts tomorrow, see if I can find a few more things to add in the day ahead.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Jakenut86

Re: Newest Video Game Finds

Post by Jakenut86 »

Well I finally decided to replace my GBA as I found one for $10 and I also got Dragons Lair for GBC ($5) and Warioware Twisted for GBA ($8). I just need to get a replacement screen as the one on it is pretty scratched up and the battery cover is broken.
_________________________________________________________________________________

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Well, back from the pawn shops, and it wasn't quite as eventful as one would have hoped. All I found was a Pigs in Space cart for the 2600 for $3. Has a rarity of 5 in the Atari Age guide, but for some reason when I was out I thought it was higher. Also saw a few SwordQuest games, but was unfortunately unable to find a WaterWorld which fetches a pretty penny since its pretty rare.

Almost picked up a CIB Risk for the Genesis for $6. Wasn't sure exactly if it was a decent game so I passed (still can't find a decent review on it). Also passed on Midways Greatest Arcade Classics for the GBA. It was only $4 and I probably should have picked it up, heck I just might yet. Has a decent port of Defender on it and also has Joust (one of my fav.), Sinistar and Robotron 2084. Unfortunately at the store (GameStop) it was loose and the guy behind the counter had no clue what was on it (He guessed Galaga and Pole Position wrongly.)

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Well, I've had a few good finds the last few days. At a local pawn shop there was a 3 for $5 sale on some Xbox games, so I picked up Tony Hawk Underground, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon and MechAssult. Figured they are all pretty popular titles and score highly on critic sites, so they have to be decent for under $2 a piece.

Then today I went to GameStop and picked up the Top Spin (tennis title)/NCAA Football 2005 bundle for the Xbox for $.99. Then I decided to get the Midways Greatest Arcade Hits for $4 and Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 for $3 for my Game Boy Micro.

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Just picked up one game today, Game and Watch Gallery 4 for the GBA. Was only $5 at GameStop.

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

I just got 3 big boxes of old Mac equipment & software: An Envisions ENV8800S Scanner, A boxed Power Mac 7300/200, A CIB Pen Partner Tablet, A Mediastore AVD w/ CD-RW drive (needs repair), VGA Adapter, Keyboard, Mouse, Mic, Power Cables, SCSI Cables, Boxed Balley Eight Ball Deluxe, CIB Adobe Photoshop 5.0, CIB Where In The USA Is Carmen Sandiego, CIB Roxio Toast 5 Titanium, CIB Mac OS 9.1, CIB Print Shop, Boxed Adobe Photo Deluxe, CIB Decent, CIB Decent II, Printmaster Gold w/ Instructions, Mac World Ultimate Power Mac CD, PhotoSuite SE CD, 96 Grolier Encyclopedia CD, Canvas 6 CD, and CD Stomper Pro. I payed a little over $80 for this which was just the cost of shipping.
_________________________________________________________________________________

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Wow, an older Photoshop! Have you used it yet? Is it at all comparable to any of the modern ones (if you've used them)?

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

No haven't used it yet. Unfortunately my monitor is packed away as Im getting ready to move and I didn't get a monitor with this stuff as I already have one and cable which allows me to switch between two computers on the same monitor, so I'll have to wait to play around with this stuff until I start unpacking this weekend. Also it will be the only photoshop I've ever used, so I couldn't tell you how it compares.

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Just got back from the thrift store. Picked up a Pre Computer 1000 ($3), a PC Raider Analog Joystick (50cents), an external Zip Drive w/ 4 Zip Disks ($3), a couple movies, and a board game which ended up having something extra in the box which didn't go with it (a Electronic Crime Scanner which I think goes to another board game)

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

I bought Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2x for $3 and Tiger Woods Golf 2003 for $2 for the Xbox the other day at Gamestop. I'm really beefing up my Xbox collection for about $5 at a time lately.

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Decided to go check out some thrift stores in the next town over, all I found was Tiger Quiz Wiz w/ 1 Cart for $1. At first I thought it wasn't gonna work cuz the batteries were in pretty rough shape but it works, now if I could only find the book to this cart.

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Jakenut86 wrote:Decided to go check out some thrift stores in the next town over, all I found was Tiger Quiz Wiz w/ 1 Cart for $1. At first I thought it wasn't gonna work cuz the batteries were in pretty rough shape but it works, now if I could only find the book to this cart.
I had one of these when I was younger, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what happened to it. I had a few different carts and books, but I don't think Tiger supported it for very long.

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

I found the book as a downloadable .pdf on the Hasbro site, oh and there were atleast 60 carts for it :new_shocked: I figured it would be like 20-25 like the Game.Com but theres actually quite a few.

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Jakenut86 wrote:I found the book as a downloadable .pdf on the Hasbro site, oh and there were atleast 60 carts for it :new_shocked: I figured it would be like 20-25 like the Game.Com but theres actually quite a few.
Wow, I'd have figured about 20-25 also. I'm guessing if you'd get all 60 you'd have yourself quite the collection of questions.

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Not so much a find per se, but I did win a model 2 Sega Genesis a few days ago off chasethechuckwagon.com. I had to order an A/V cable for it, but it was only $4. I also picked up Sonic 3 and Road Rash 2 today as well. I'm excited because I didn't think I'd get to keep it all (financial/job situation isn't the best right now :( ), but I've moved some things around, so I can keep it. This is so awesome. I can finally start slowly rebuilding my Sega collection and get back into the classic gaming that I love so much. :sonic:

I also want to thank MaximumRD for referencing the site on his YouTube videos. If he hadn't mentioned it, I probably never would have discovered it.

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Glad to hear that you will be able to keep the Sega!! :new_smileyb:

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Jakenut86 wrote:Glad to hear that you will be able to keep the Sega!! :new_smileyb:
Appreciate it man. Yeah, I was getting bummed out last night, but I did some thinking today, and I think I can work it out.

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

SegaBoy wrote: I also want to thank MaximumRD for referencing the site on his YouTube videos. If he hadn't mentioned it, I probably never would have discovered it.
Wow, thank you, that is awesome, if this is the only thing that comes of it then it was well worth it and my mission is complete!
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Congrats Segaboy on your Genesis. You'll be playing NHL 94 in no time I'm sure.

I picked up MLB Baseball and Bases Loaded for the NES for a buck each. Also got Halo for the Xbox for only $5.

(Side note: On this particular trip I also acquired the 1984 LP by Van Halen for $4.)

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

TwinChargers wrote:Congrats Segaboy on your Genesis. You'll be playing NHL 94 in no time I'm sure.

I picked up MLB Baseball and Bases Loaded for the NES for a buck each. Also got Halo for the Xbox for only $5.

(Side note: On this particular trip I also acquired the 1984 LP by Van Halen for $4.)
Funny you mentioned that. I picked up NHL '95 for $2 today. I'll have to wait until I can get my hands on a Sega CD so I can get NHL '94 on that. The opening video still stands as one of my best video game memories.