Saudi Teen Sentenced to 90 Lashes for Cell Phone in School

BS about anything you like in here, as long as it's not TOO controversial

Moderators: Rob, Carlos

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Saudi Teen Sentenced to 90 Lashes for Cell Phone in School

Post by Zap! »

A teenage girl in Saudi Arabia has been sentenced to 90 lashes and two months in prison for taking a cell phone to school, the U.K.'s Daily Mail reported Wednesday.

The 13-year-old's punishment, harsher than that given to some robbers and looters, requires her to be flogged in front of her classmates, the Daily Mail quoted Saudi newspaper Al-Watan.

She was reportedly hiding a cell phone in class, breaking strict Saudi regulations banning their use in girls' schools.

Saudi Arabia is the world's leading country in the use of torture-by-flogging, and religious police keep a close watch over public behavior, the Mail reported.

In September, twenty Saudi teenagers who ransacked shops and restaurants were flogged in public.

Click here to read more on this story from the Daily Mail
I don't care what your political views are, this is just so wrong and disgusting.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

jeanlery2010

Re: Saudi Teen Sentenced to 90 Lashes for Cell Phone in School

Post by jeanlery2010 »

Saudi Arabia is so strict when it comes to the rules and regulations being prohibited especially in schools. But, they must not bring her very hard because of her case of bringing a cell phone on their school, which is not allowed. Bringing a cell phone in schools, which must not be, shall not be more harass but only for a light punishment dependently.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: Saudi Teen Sentenced to 90 Lashes for Cell Phone in School

Post by Zap! »

jeanlery2010 wrote:Saudi Arabia is so strict when it comes to the rules and regulations being prohibited especially in schools. But, they must not bring her very hard because of her case of bringing a cell phone on their school, which is not allowed. Bringing a cell phone in schools, which must not be, shall not be more harass but only for a light punishment dependently.
Yeah, while it was totally wrong to give this punishment to a young girl, she was also a bit foolish to bring it to class and use it. They cut your hand(s) off for stealing their too, and Lord help you if you get caught using drugs.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube