Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Let's talk about the Halcyon, Colorvision, Bandai Pippin and others you probably never heard of

Moderator: Darryl B.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: Anyone here own a Colorvision?

Post by Zap! »

physics223 wrote:Do you have a video of it on action now? hehe ... I'd like to see it at work!
My digital camera unfortunately is not equipped for quality video, as it is a few years old. Any luck finding one? I haven't seen any more on eBay lately. They are harder to come by than an Adventurevision.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

physics223

Post by physics223 »

I keep on waiting on eBay. My searches have shown me that one sold for roughly 140 dollars last May. So far, however, I haven't seen anything come up, while I've seen two Adventure Visions. I mean I already have the money for the one you linked me, but I'm still hoping I could save some cash before I finally decide on that one. I wanted to see a video because I wanted to be convinced to spend that much money on a color LCD game: I had had a Mario's Cement Factory table top, and while it was fun to play, it became boring after a week (I found one in my aunt's basement, had a cousin fix it, and played it). Is the Colorvision like that? Because if it is, I'll just spend the money I saved on a Kingman handheld, or some retro-consoles. :)

nathanallan1

Post by nathanallan1 »

That is a really nice thing, and so oddly set up-- cart on the top? I love it! I can actually remember that from back in the day, but not too much of it.

The odder the better! Top, slide-loading cart that light has to go through. Kind of surprised that type of tech still isn't with us mainstream.

Nathan
http://www.gamegavel.com RULES!

Covering the world in Genesis goodness!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

nathanallan1 wrote:That is a really nice thing, and so oddly set up-- cart on the top? I love it! I can actually remember that from back in the day, but not too much of it.

The odder the better! Top, slide-loading cart that light has to go through. Kind of surprised that type of tech still isn't with us mainstream.

Nathan
It's a cool little system which never got any attention. I never even heard of it until a few years ago. I really would love to know just how rare this is. Rarity 10?
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

I regret selling this during some tough economic times. I would love to buy one again, but so far haven't seen any for sale.

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

Oh, that sucks...good luck in finding another one :|
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Darryl B. wrote:Oh, that sucks...good luck in finding another one :|
Yeah, but expect a major announcement by Wednesday here. If all goes well, this "holy grail" will arrive by then. Hint: It's not the ColorVision. Stay tuned. :excitebike:

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

OK, the "major announcement" was me acquiring an Adventurevision. I also just ordered two "new" Colorvision games, from Greece. They should be here by next week or so.

curiosity69

Post by curiosity69 »

Hi all. Found zone of these thrown away by someone else. Just need some info abt it.

Do the jump button is supposed to work for the game monster chase ?

Mine is the english word monster chase and not chasse aux monstres. Does it have any importance in terms of value ?
Dont have the box, nor battery cover. Any chance to find it somewere ?

Thxs !

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

I recently got my hands on another Colorvision, this time from France. I just made the first known Colorvision video. Enjoy!

[youtube][/youtube]