Moderators: Rob, Carlos

Zap!
Zap! Commander

World's Scariest Foods

Post by Zap! »

Barbecued Bat

What it is: Popular Halloween symbol transformed into crunchy grilled goodness

Where it's served: Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam

Want a bite? Bats are plentiful in many parts of the world, and particularly in the limestone caves of Asia and the Pacific, where bat stew or barbecued bat are served at restaurants and street carts. Typically, the fur is singed off and the wings and head removed first (not much meat there); then, depending on the size of the bat, the body can be diced into bite-size chunks for a stew or stir-fry. Smaller bats are better suited to the popular street-meat preparation of seasoning, grilling, and eating whole—crunchy little bones and all. Even bat fans admit that the delicacy doesn't smell so hot: Aside from the aroma of singed fur, bat meat itself gives off a strong, gamy odor as it's cooked, which the chef can usually mask (in part) with plenty of garlic and chile. Mmm, leathery.

Next: Blood: It's what's for breakfast ›

http://www.concierge.com/ideas/foodwine ... 163?page=1
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

nathanallan1

Re: World's Scariest Foods

Post by nathanallan1 »

The Next Up reminded me of Klingon Blood Pie :D
http://www.gamegavel.com RULES!

Covering the world in Genesis goodness!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: World's Scariest Foods

Post by Zap! »

I love all sorts of various foods and love to try strange things. While I don't think I could do the super-strange like bugs, I most certainly would try goat meat, snake, crocodile, and possibly bats.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube