Awesome find at swap meet

A place to brag about your latest gaming finds
Zap!
Zap! Commander

Awesome find at swap meet

Post by Zap! »

I went to the Englishtown Swap Meet on Friday, and picked up a few cool things. The ESM is about 70% car related, but they have lots of other cool stuff (and TONS of useless junk that I would be embarased to throw out, lol). It is massive (the size of several football fields), outdoors, and takes place over three days twice a year.

The first thing I got was the following, and HP 42S Scientific Calculator. Now, I have no use for this, but it was only 50 cents, and these things are worth $150 plus on eBay.

The next things I picked up were the following three handheld games, for just $2 each. They are Tandy Sports Arena (complete with two sets of three different overlays and instructions), Brick Game, and Wheel of Fortune. I never have heard of Brick Game, but it appears to be a Breakout clone. Wish I had batteries in the house to test it.

Well, that was my day. I didn't get anything else gaming-related, but did get some other stuff for dirt cheap that I'm sure no one is interested in. :D
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

megasdkirby

Re: Awesome find at swap meet

Post by megasdkirby »

Ah, the brick game!

Dom had that many years ago. At one point the screen started to leak for no apparent reason...it wasn't even cracked!

You will surely enjoy it, Ter. :) Just remember to use VERY good batteries, as the game has this tendency of eating them fairly quickly.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

megasdkirby wrote:Ah, the brick game!

Dom had that many years ago. At one point the screen started to leak for no apparent reason...it wasn't even cracked!

You will surely enjoy it, Ter. :) Just remember to use VERY good batteries, as the game has this tendency of eating them fairly quickly.
Do you know who makes Brick Game? I was unable to find it on handheldmuseum.com.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

This is just a wild guess, but since those handhelds were sold in the "Bayamon Pueblo" area, I pressume to be from China. No company per se, just generic clones.

I have one, one that was supposed to talk, but I barely use it. I hope to find and take pictures of it in the next few days.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

megasdkirby wrote:This is just a wild guess, but since those handhelds were sold in the "Bayamon Pueblo" area, I pressume to be from China. No company per se, just generic clones.

I have one, one that was supposed to talk, but I barely use it. I hope to find and take pictures of it in the next few days.
I'm really surprised it's a Tertris clone. I thought for sure by calling it "Brick Game" it would be like Breakout. Oh well, played it once and lost interest in the blurry screen. :)

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

Ter wrote:I'm really surprised it's a Tertris clone. I thought for sure by calling it "Brick Game" it would be like Breakout. Oh well, played it once and lost interest in the blurry screen. :)
Dom LOVED that unit. He used to play it several times a day. Eventually the screen started to leak for no apparent reason, and he had to throw it away.

I remember when he used to stay hours playing with that thing. But I also remember how, even with good batteries, it would not look good...always too light (barely any contrast). Great sound, though.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Update: The calculator just sold for $182.50. I kid u not:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SA:US:1123