Good games for Sega Master System?

1985-1989 gave us the Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Master System, Atari 7800, XE Game System, etc. Great times indeed.

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos

Darryl B.

Re: Good games for Sega Master System?

Post by Darryl B. »

^Yeah Zillion was neat, made me think of it as an "Impossible Mission lite" :P I played that on a friend's Commodore 64 years before, first hearing the voice synthesis was pretty cool.
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

gamemaster

Post by gamemaster »

Ghost House came out in a cart and the card. the cart was the UK the card was the USA. i have the 2 of them great game there so many good games for the SMS

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

I always wondered why Sega never re-released SMS games on cart over here, specially with the release of the SMS 2.

Or at least a converter...a piggy back that would allow even 3D games to be played on the smaller unit.

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

^Yeah, you'd think they would have, with all the add-ons they started doing with the Genny just a few years later! :D

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

megasdkirby wrote:Ironically, I can't stand My Hero either. Dom got it at Professional Video Club (not defunct) and I remember when we first played it...having such a short range of attack made the game unbearable for both of us. I remember thinking it was a "shitty version of Kung Fu Master". Eventually, we managed to figure out that jump kicking was the best way to go, but by that time it was already universally hated.

I also hated most Sega Card games, with the exception of Ghost House and Transbot. The others were sucky, IMO.

One game I enjoyed was Alex Kidd in the Lost Stars. Sure, the game was not like Miracle World, but it was still pretty fun, though repetitive. And Opa Opa making a chameo was awesome. :)

One game I really enjoyed was Zillion. Gave me hours of great fun.
Zillion was awesome, and deserved a real sequel. I hated Zillion 2. Transbot was the closest thing we had in the US to a Transformers game. I liked AK the Lost Stars too, but really liked AK In High Tech World. How about Rambo: First Blood Part II? That's a fun game and a challenge. Pro Wrestling is my favorite wresting game of all-time. I'm also a huge fan of The Ninja. ALF ain't bad either.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Rob

Post by Rob »

One that always got a bad rap was Rocky, but I enjoyed it immensely as a kid. I haven't tried to play it since, though.

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

Ter wrote: One game I really enjoyed was Zillion. Gave me hours of great fun.
Zillion was awesome, and deserved a real sequel. I hated Zillion 2.[/quote]

Yeah I didn't like Z 2 much either. Didn't deserve the Z name to it, but I guess they did that because they thought it'd sell better with it's name attached to it.

gamemaster

Post by gamemaster »

The Terminator that a good one for the SMS it made by Virgin

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

You guys are starting to make me think I should have gotten a SMS instead of SNES. Wahhhhh! :sonicthehedgehog2: :simonwhipleft:

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I sold mine to get my Genesis, and it'll be hard to acquire that stuff again. Granted, the person I bought it from didn't have many good games on it, so I wasn't impressed (hence why I didn't list many good games for the system, because most of the ones he had either stunk or were average at best!)...

Reminds me, Where in the World is Carmen San Diego was good too. Need all the stuff included with the game in order to play it though, unless you have really good knowledge of world currency and all in order to be able to decipher the clues.

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

Ter wrote:Zillion was awesome, and deserved a real sequel. I hated Zillion 2. Transbot was the closest thing we had in the US to a Transformers game. I liked AK the Lost Stars too, but really liked AK In High Tech World. How about Rambo: First Blood Part II? That's a fun game and a challenge. Pro Wrestling is my favorite wresting game of all-time. I'm also a huge fan of The Ninja. ALF ain't bad either.
Never gave HTC a chance, I'm afraid. It looks great, just never gave it the gaming time it deserved. Never played Rambo until recently, when I decided to go for a complete CIB set. Also, it didn't fair well for me...perhaps it's because my views are much different than before. Or maybe I just played it on a wrong day.

I personally LOVED Castle of Illusion. I played that game so many times, it's not even funny. Got it from the creator of "Mastermind" (Todd Litner?). One of THE BEST games I've played for the system. Perfect difficulty (for the time, now it's too easy), sound, gameplay...pure perfection. Land of Illusion was great too, but no where as magical as the first part. Heck, I enjoyed it more than the Genesis version!
Darryl B. wrote:Reminds me, Where in the World is Carmen San Diego was good too. Need all the stuff included with the game in order to play it though, unless you have really good knowledge of world currency and all in order to be able to decipher the clues.

Dom spent hours playing that game until he finished it. I always wanted to give it a chance, but never did.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Rob wrote:One that always got a bad rap was Rocky, but I enjoyed it immensely as a kid. I haven't tried to play it since, though.
Did you beat that game? I did. Came out the same year as Punch-Out!! While more realistic, it's nowhere's near as fun.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Darryl B. wrote:Yeah I didn't like Z 2 much either. Didn't deserve the Z name to it, but I guess they did that because they thought it'd sell better with it's name attached to it.
Sega pissed me off royally with the Genesis. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but they left too many of their franchises/mascots off the Genesis. Why no Zillion 3? Why no Super Fantasy Zone (Mega Drive got it, but no Genesis). Why no The Ninja 2? Why no Miracle Warriors 2? Why only one Alex Kidd game? Sorry, but I liked Sega as a company far more in their SMS years.

xgame89

Post by xgame89 »

I never got that far, so I have no idea.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

I wish they would remake the original Phantasy Star on Wiiware or something. It will always be my favorite of the series. I really had to work hard to beat that game in 1988/1989 with no internet.