Game Boy Player

1998-2006, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, Game Cube, etc.

Moderator: Carlos

TwinChargers

Game Boy Player

Post by TwinChargers »

Whats a decent price for one? And it plays every generation of Game Boy games, correct? Any real minuses for the system if you own it? Might be interested but wanna hear your guys opinion on it first.

:gameboy:
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Carlos

Re: Game Boy Player

Post by Carlos »

Do you mean Super Game Boy?

If so, they're not terribly hard to find. You can probably get one for around $40 or less. I haven't heard of any problems with them.

I remember it being pretty cool for its time. Playing Metroid II and Mortal Kombat on the movie theatre setting was funny. I always dreamed about a MK movie, and it finally happened, lol.

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

I think he is talking about the gameboy player attachment for the gamecube.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Jakenut86 wrote:I think he is talking about the gameboy player attachment for the gamecube.
Oh man, I forgot all about the one that came out for Gamecube...and I used to have one! :doh:

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Yep, I'm looking for the one on the Gamecube. Already have the one for the SNES, but it obviously doesn't play the GB Advance games.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Nor does it play some Game Boy color cartridges (ie, the clear cartridges).

As for the Game Boy Player for the GC, it doesn't play homebrews, GB Video carts, or the Pocket Music cart. It will play about 99.9% of all commercial games (its played every one I fed it). However, some of the really old GB carts have some graphics issues that weren't there on the Super Game Boy for the SNES. Some of the old games flicker so badly that I can't even play them. Off the top of my head that includes Super Mario Land 1, Tetris, TMNT: Fall of the foot clan, a WWF game, and Qix. Basically all the first year titles have had that issue for me, so I play them on my SNES and all the GB games that came later I play on the GC.

Erosion_Of_Sanity

Post by Erosion_Of_Sanity »

I remember I traded some games for this five or six years ago; I sold it soon after :(
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amelyn

Post by Amelyn »

My friend Matt bought me one, last Christmas. He said that it was a must-have. I've playing Metroid: Zero Mission and Fusion on it, but I still use my Super GameBoy to play the original GameBoy games such as Donkey Kong or Super Mario Land.

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

A work buddy has one she may be selling to me. Maybe for $10 if I am lucky.

I already have two, but one of my GameCube consoles needs it. :)

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

megasdkirby wrote:A work buddy has one she may be selling to me. Maybe for $10 if I am lucky.

I already have two, but one of my GameCube consoles needs it. :)
I need the original again. I got it for Christmas, 1989, but it mysteriously disappeared when I last moved. :gameboy:
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

I believe that I saw on Gamestops website that they are currently retailing for $15. That seems like a good price, now I just need to get to a Gamestop sometime or another and hope they have one.

Rob

Post by Rob »

I've not seen one quite that cheap at Gamestop yet, they're still about 19.99 as of last week.

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Well, to update I picked one of these up at a Pawn Shop for I believe $10. The cashier chick behind the counter said she's never even seen this "game" before.

jhonsadins

Post by jhonsadins »

GB car has some really old graphics problems that were not there in the Super Game Boy for the SNES. Some of the older games flicker so bad I can not even play.

wanegilly

Post by wanegilly »

A boot disk is included and to activate the GB player. All the features of a Game Boy Advance are included in the Game Boy Player (in the accessory slot, the game cartridge slot and the extension of the external connection)You can also connect to other units in the GB Advance GB player for multiplayer games with external expansion slot and can usually use the e-Reader accessory too.

xgame89

Post by xgame89 »

from high school when I was not playing gameboy, I think that it is no longer suitable to my needs

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Wow, I picked up the Gameboy Player with the boot disc for $10! That seems like a steal! Still have it to boot!