MaximumRD Commodore 64 Unboxing

Have an Atari 800? A Commordore 64? An Amiga? Talk about it in here
TwinChargers

MaximumRD Commodore 64 Unboxing

Post by TwinChargers »

I noticed our friend MaximumRD had himself an unboxing of a classic computer. I hope he doesn't mind, but here is the link to his YouTube video-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Aht_zfX4X8

Here's to hope one day he has the time to do a review on his new "toy". I'd really like to learn more information on the C64 and I'd hope he could do one in a similar vein as the Intellivision II review that can be seen here-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmNS4SPv ... annel_page
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Jakenut86

Re: MaximumRD Commodore 64 Unboxing

Post by Jakenut86 »

Awesome!! Glad to see MaximumRD got his Commodore. I also hope to see him do a complete review of the system, I've been trying to get ahold of one but have not been able to win one yet.
_________________________________________________________________________________

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

Mind? MIND? DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously LOL! OMG you made my friggin DAY!!!! I did not expect this when I signed in, I often post/mention my humble Youtube channel in various sites and forums but YOU SIR are the first to ever post my work. I appreciate it very much THANK YOU!!!!!! Yes I run a Youtube channel AND Facebook Group for those interested all about Classic Gaming and Computing ALSO a FACEBOOK group for anyone on Facebook, this has some of my videos (in even better quality) WITH THE ADDITION of also discussions and photos and links posted all related to Classic Gaming and computing so if anyone is interested PLEASE have a peek and feel free to join, comment, post, contirbute! Here are links for those interested:

MAXIMUMRD's CLASSIC GAMING AND COMPUTING YOUTUBE CHANNEL
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

MAXMIMUMRD FACEBOOK GROUP
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=26887025879

THANKS AGAIN, in my facebook group I am going to post a link to zaponline.org forums RIGHT NOW in appreciation! :MegaManXRunning:

PS TwinChargers............I LOVES YOU........IN A TOTALLY STRAIGHT MAN WAY LOL!!!!!!!! :2_thumbs_up:
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Well, I'm happy to see I've made your day Maximum RD. I've really enjoyed your videos since you started posting on YouTube. I got you and a few select others bookmarked that I check daily. Unfortunately, you've been pretty busy lately so you haven't made too many video's, but I was happy to see yesterday evening a new one come up (even if it wasn't the sequel to the Intellivoice).

Really glad to see you on the forums. I was thinking of shooting you an email sometime to talk classic gaming since you mentioned in your introduction vid you'd like to hear peoples stories and experiences. Still might have to do that sometime. Take care and hope to see more reviews from you soon! (I'm with Jakenut86 and hope that you do a complete review on the C64)
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Rob

Post by Rob »

Complete C64 review FTW!

And at least you got that refund on the shipping!

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

:occasion14:
TwinChargers wrote:Well, I'm happy to see I've made your day Maximum RD. I've really enjoyed your videos since you started posting on YouTube. I got you and a few select others bookmarked that I check daily. Unfortunately, you've been pretty busy lately so you haven't made too many video's, but I was happy to see yesterday evening a new one come up (even if it wasn't the sequel to the Intellivoice).

Really glad to see you on the forums. I was thinking of shooting you an email sometime to talk classic gaming since you mentioned in your introduction vid you'd like to hear peoples stories and experiences. Still might have to do that sometime. Take care and hope to see more reviews from you soon! (I'm with Jakenut86 and hope that you do a complete review on the C64)
defintely please DO! You should know, ove rthe next few days I am defintely (beginning Sunday) working on more videos and in fact a few I have in mind will be going up, you see my wife is on a trip and will not be back until FEB 20th so when I get home from work I have a break from my "other job" you married guys know I am not complaining but yes a wife IS like a 2nd job LOL! So I definitely have some time freed up. ALSO my old digital camcorder broke and that 64C unboxing was done as a test on my new KODAK Zi6 HD handheld so I am all set to go again and excited about it! STAY TUNED.

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

Rob wrote:Complete C64 review FTW!

And at least you got that refund on the shipping!
Yeah that was pretty sweet and the whole unit is in amazingly awesome condition, yes defintely a review well not so much a review I mean it's a 64 for christs sake so 10+++++, 2 thumbs up and all that lol! But definitely a look at and outline of the system for sure.

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

MaximumRD wrote::occasion14:
TwinChargers wrote:Well, I'm happy to see I've made your day Maximum RD. I've really enjoyed your videos since you started posting on YouTube. I got you and a few select others bookmarked that I check daily. Unfortunately, you've been pretty busy lately so you haven't made too many video's, but I was happy to see yesterday evening a new one come up (even if it wasn't the sequel to the Intellivoice).

defintely please DO! You should know, ove rthe next few days I am defintely (beginning Sunday) working on more videos and in fact a few I have in mind will be going up, you see my wife is on a trip and will not be back until FEB 20th so when I get home from work I have a break from my "other job" you married guys know I am not complaining but yes a wife IS like a 2nd job LOL! So I definitely have some time freed up. ALSO my old digital camcorder broke and that 64C unboxing was done as a test on my new KODAK Zi6 HD handheld so I am all set to go again and excited about it! STAY TUNED.

AWESOME!! Can't wait to see your new videos! :headbang:
_________________________________________________________________________________

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Someone just got a hell of a deal, I just barely missed it too :(

Just a two hour drive away a guy just gave away a C64 and a C128 both with moniters, printers, disk drives and a stack of games.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep looking.

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

Jakenut86 wrote:Someone just got a hell of a deal, I just barely missed it too :(

Just a two hour drive away a guy just gave away a C64 and a C128 both with moniters, printers, disk drives and a stack of games.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep looking.
Yeah I do the Ebay thing only becuase I live in a small city and you never find good deals in local shops or in classifieds. I stopped looking in the thread on Atariage about things people throw away because those guys are picking up classic gaming treasures greater than things I pay good $$$$$ for for nothing! Too depressing for me to look at LOL!

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Yeah it sucks cuz I've been wanting to get one and the guy who actually got it will probably just turn around and sell it for a profit. But I'll end up finding a good deal on one sooner or later.