Good Dreamcast Games??

1998-2006, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, Game Cube, etc.

Moderator: Carlos

Jakenut86

Good Dreamcast Games??

Post by Jakenut86 »

Ok just got a Dreamcast. I plan to go next week and get some games from the classic (as far a N64 anways) game store. What are some suggestions as far as what I should get?
_________________________________________________________________________________

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Re: Good Dreamcast Games??

Post by Zap! »

Jakenut86 wrote:Ok just got a Dreamcast. I plan to go next week and get some games from the classic (as far a N64 anways) game store. What are some suggestions as far as what I should get?
Off the top of my head, Shenmue, Crazy Taxi, Resident Evil: Code Name Veronica, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 & 2.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

Shenmue!!!

Many don't like it, but I ADORE this game.

I hope they make Shenmue III in the future...I really need to know how it ends!!!

Lan Di!!!!!!!!!

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

megasdkirby wrote:Shenmue!!!

Many don't like it, but I ADORE this game.

I hope they make Shenmue III in the future...I really need to know how it ends!!!

Lan Di!!!!!!!!!
It was indeed great. How was the second one? Never had the chance to get it. I really wish Sega would make a version for the PS3 or Wii. Another Phantasy Star would be nice too. :)
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

Shenmue II is great as well.

It's a little faced pased (you can say rushed also) compared to the first game, but overall, it's a great game.

Many complain about how it ends...for me, it was a masterpiece. Not the usual "defeat the baddie and finish" type ending, which is a nice change.

Both the Xbox and DC versions rock, though I would play the DC version first, since the voice acting in the Xbox version bites. lol

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

I have both the Xbox and Dreamcast versions of Shenmue II. I recently picked up a nice new Dreamcast lot on Chase the Chuckwagon auction site, here is an edited description:
Sega Dreamcast with all the hookups. There are 4 controllers (2 custom), (1 millenium edition), (1 clear blue w/box) all Sega Brand. There are two light guns both work excellent. A bunch of games are also included. House of the Dead 2, Atari Anniversary Edition, UFC Championship, EGG, Alienfront Online (no mic), Virtua Fighter 3TB, Super Magnetic Neo w/strategy guide, Sega Smashpack, Sonic Adventure 2, Wetrix, Evolution, Stupid Invaders 2 disc. All games complete. Most of the games are Near Mint. A couple of games condition is not the greatest, but all games were tested and played. (2) VMU's, Memory Card, and Rumble Pack Included.

Half Life GD-r and Propeller Arena GD-r (THESE ARE ACTUALLY JUST CDr BUT THAT WAS WHAT I EXPECTED LOL!) I am also throwing in anything else DC related I have, strategy guides, empty cases, what ever I have will be included.
Sorry for the delay with the pics. Also the original DC box is Included.
It came fast and I am very happy with it. THAT brings me up to 3 DREAMCASTS now and I already had a gun from before but that's cool. So I've a renewed interest in all things Dreamcasts as of late. Image

Anyway, a TON of games for this system and enjoyed many. I loved Resident Evil Code Veronica, Shenmue I & II, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5 (Sadly I don't usually like rythem games go figure), Sword of the Berzerker, House of the Dead 2, Crazy Taxi as well as most of the others already mentioned but on top of that I love that a lot of Homebrew and even emulators came out on the system, tons of great content even if it's not all strictly speaking "legit".............
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

Jibbajaba

Post by Jibbajaba »

I would grab Tony Hawk and Tony Hawk 2, which both look much nicer on the DC than on the PSX. My other favorites are Soul Calibur and Railroad Tycoon II. If you don't mind either importing games or <ahem> making your own copies, there are some cool import SHMUPS like Ikaruga. May I also suggest buying a DC VGA adapter off of eBay. Many if not most of the DC library is VGA compatible, and it makes the games look even better. Alternatively you can also get RGB signals right at the pins if you have an RGB setup.

Chris

RegalSin
Banned

Post by RegalSin »

All dreamcast games are buyable. I mean there is not that much to choose from when the majority
of games was meant for the Saturn to begin with.

EDIT: Also Chase the Chuck wagon is just Game Gavel. A completely pointless investment. People can't even see what is being listed.
Just walk away and you can live. Just walk away and it all can be over. Dont bother responding.

MaximumRD

Post by MaximumRD »

RegalSin wrote:All dreamcast games are buyable. I mean there is not that much to choose from when the majority

EDIT: Also Chase the Chuck wagon is just Game Gavel. A completely pointless investment. People can't even see what is being listed.

Uh, no it's not. Chase the Chuckwagon was a competitor, Game Gavel sunk and Chase the Chuckwagon aquired the Game Gavel name. Further I don't know what you mean about not being able to see what is listed? I have no problem. I have had several transactions on Chase the Chuckwagon now, all have been a great success........ :king_hippo:
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

Rob

Post by Rob »

Rob, the reason he can't see any listed games is because trolls have such a hard time with their eyes adjusting to light. All that time spent hiding in their caves really takes a toll on their peepers. :)

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

RegalSin wrote:All dreamcast games are buyable. I mean there is not that much to choose from when the majority

Do you guys still feel bad about banning him now?

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

triverse

Post by triverse »

Pretty much just about anything by Sega on the Dreamcast is worth getting. Other games of interest, I enjoyed Shadowman (not really everyone's cup of tea but I liked it), Project Gotham Racing (that was the name of it right? The racing game by Bizarre Creations), Virtua Tennis 2 (not a big tennis fan but I find myself going back to the PSP editions of these games). There are plenty more available that are worth getting.

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

I've decided that after I complete my NGPC collection, I will focus my energy on getting a complete CIB US Dreamcast set.

I know I am in a mayor pickle...around 300 games, specially since I don't have the room. No worries, as I will take a VERY long time to collect them all. I will not burn myself out trying to get it as quickly as possible.

But space wise is a big issue...

triverse

Post by triverse »

If you can get a large milk crate (one that they ship 4 one gallon jugs in) then you can pretty much get all of the Dreamcast releases in that and it will take up very little room (you may have a few spill over but still, better than having all 300 loose).
I have a few CIB DC games if you are interested in them (Dead or Alive 2, Resident Evil Code Veronica, and a few others).

Lazerface

Post by Lazerface »

Air Force Delta

if you enjoy air combat, that is

after all this time, i still havent found a flight sim that was more enjoyable than AFD on DC

Rob

Post by Rob »

Welcome to the forums, Lazerface. :DonkeyKongJr_spin:

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Utopia Boot Disc + Macross 7 = FTW!

Welcome to the forums, Bla...er...um...Laserface! :sonicthehedgehog2: :D

Lazerface

Post by Lazerface »

heh, thanks guys

i am Carlos' co-worker and he recruited me :smilie_goomba:

Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm proud of Carlos for being able to make friend so quickly at his new job, and a classic gamer at that. Usually when I start a new job I quit before I even learn my co-workers name. :)

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Rob wrote:I'm proud of Carlos for being able to make friend so quickly at his new job, and a classic gamer at that. Usually when I start a new job I quit before I even learn my co-workers name. :)
Yea, Laserface is a pretty cool guy and I'm happy I was able to assimilate him into our collective. Gotta thank Ter for the fancy business cards. :megaman_posing: