Got my Nintendo Switch at midnight!

Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X
Zap!
Zap! Commander

Got my Nintendo Switch at midnight!

Post by Zap! »

I missed out on the pre-order, but found out that my local Best Buy was doing a midnight opening for the Switch. So I got there at 9:00 PM, right from work still in uniform. There were about 80-100 people in front of me on line, so I was worried that I may not get one.

At around 10:00, two guys started handing out tickets. One guy was doing the regular ones, and the other the neon Switches. They got to me and said I was guaranteed, and took my name. Whew! By this time, about another 100 people were behind me. Midnight comes, and they slowly start letting people in. I finally got to the register at 12:30 AM, and got Zelda (regular edition, as the Special Edition just sold out, grr!).

Not sure how many people after me got the Switch, but it seems nearly all did. That leads me to believe that my Best Buy got roughly 200+ units in. All in all, it was a tremendous success so far. Haven't waited on a line like this since the Wii launch in 2005!
Attachments
bestbuy3.jpg
bestbuy3.jpg (137.74 KiB) Viewed 5280 times
bestbuy2.jpg
bestbuy2.jpg (130.17 KiB) Viewed 5280 times
bestbuy1.jpg
bestbuy1.jpg (43.33 KiB) Viewed 5280 times
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube