Yankee Peddler Day flea market

A place to brag about your latest gaming finds
Zap!
Zap! Commander

Yankee Peddler Day flea market

Post by Zap! »

This is a local flea market in Staten Island, NY. Outdoors and fairly large, they are held a few times a year. I used to go to these all the time in the early 90's, but haven't gone in about 15 years or so. It was exactly like it used to be, but with a bit less vendors.

Today was perfect, nice weather and 89 degrees. Unfortunately, I didn't see many video games, and of the ones I did see, none were older than some PS2, X-Box, and Game Boy Advance games. The only thing of interest I saw was a loose Radio Shack TRS-80 computer, but I passed it up. Besides a hot dog and soda (and a raffle ticket which lost), I only bought one thing, cassette player, still in box. It was only $5, and had "Xmas 1976" written on the box. Totally retro, will go good with my Arcadia Supercharger.

Even though it was less than stellar, I had a blast, and it reminded me of when I was a teen and used to publish Zap! Anyway, here's a pic of the tape recorder:

One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Darryl B.

Re: Yankee Peddler Day flea market

Post by Darryl B. »

Zap! wrote:I used to go to these all the time in the early 90's, but haven't gone in about 15 years or so.
Yeah I did that with these local awesome record conventions that were held every other month, at one point I didn't miss a single show in a year and a half's time. Now I haven't been for several years. One day I'll start going back to them...
Zap! wrote: Totally retro, will go good with my Arcadia Supercharger.
Yeah, especially in regards to the box! (With the artwork, you forgot to mention the term 'groovy'!)
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Rob

Post by Rob »

Oh man, that box is SO 70's. It almost looks like a fake box that someone designed as a background prop on That Seventies Show. Sort of like "Let's make a stereotypical box that looks like every record cover from 1971!"

I just recently replaced my stolen Fairchild Channel F and it came with a load of boxed games. I'm LOL'ing at how they look exactly like 8 Track cartridges. :)

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

Rob wrote:Oh man, that box is SO 70's. It almost looks like a fake box that someone designed as a background prop on That Seventies Show. Sort of like "Let's make a stereotypical box that looks like every record cover from 1971!"
(laughs!) EXACTLY! Snirk...
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Went there again this past Sunday for the first time in like 8-10 years. Only $3 to get in, and a lot more vendors this time. Big crowd too, as the weather was sunny and in the 70's. Only problem is that I was leaving empty handed, as nothing caught my eye. That is, until...

I saw something called the "Wonder Wizard Sharp Shooter" in a bin. I asked how much, and he said $10 so I bought it. Seems like a Pong-type system, but I never heard of it. I will test it out one day soon, but in the meantime, here's a pic:
Attachments
Wonder Wizard Sharp Shooter.jpg
Wonder Wizard Sharp Shooter.jpg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 21899 times
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube