Game.Com

Handhelds that accept media, such as the Game Boy, Vectrex, PSP, etc.
Jakenut86

Game.Com

Post by Jakenut86 »

I recently picked up a bunch of Game.Com stuff (2 CIB systems & 16 games for $22 and then 4 games & another system I traded for) and although I've heard alot of bad reviews of this system, I actually kinda like it. Expecially Resident Evil 2, Duke 3D and Centipede. I'll admit that there are some games I don't like (Sonic Jam) but over all this is a fairly decent game system that can be picked up fairly cheap :) Is there any one else that enjoys this system??
_________________________________________________________________________________

Rob

Re: Game.Com

Post by Rob »

:?:

Not familiar with it, please enlighten!

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

I honestly can say I don't think I've ever even seen one. Black and white screen though, correct? Is it backlit?

Sounds like you got a hell of a deal though.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Yeah is got a black&white touch screen. Also can have 2 carts in it at once so you don't have to switch carts out all the time. They could also hook up to text based internet service using the Internet cart and a modem. And the Web Link cart allowed you to connect the Game.Com to your PC and upload your scores to Tiger's Game.Com site. There where only 20 games ever made plus a redesigned system that came in a few different colors as well as one that was backlit.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Jakenut86 wrote:I recently picked up a bunch of Game.Com stuff (2 CIB systems & 16 games for $22 and then 4 games & another system I traded for) and although I've heard alot of bad reviews of this system, I actually kinda like it. Expecially Resident Evil 2, Duke 3D and Centipede. I'll admit that there are some games I don't like (Sonic Jam) but over all this is a fairly decent game system that can be picked up fairly cheap :) Is there any one else that enjoys this system??
I think this is in the wrong setion, no way it's 1989 or earlier! :D
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Oh, I posted in the wrong place. It's from 1996

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Jakenut86 wrote:Oh, I posted in the wrong place. It's from 1996
It's ok, I moved it for you. Wasn't sure where to move it, it seems like it would be in a modern section. :)
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Cool, Thx!

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Game.com was such a disappointment, IMO. I remember when I asked for one for Christmas sometime in the late 90s. I got the system with Batman, Jurassic Park, and Resident Evil 2. I don't remember too much about it other than the music and sound effects were horrible (sounded all garbled) and my friends made fun of me for having one. :cry:

I think I returned everything a few days later for some GBC games and was much happier afterwards, lol

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Yeah I like the system, but It does have its drawbacks. but for $1 a game and $3 a system its a pretty good system :)

I'm surprised you didn't like RE2 tho, It's really a pretty good game for a handheld at the time. Jurassic Park and Batman Aren't very good tho. Game.Com was basically a game show/board game system which is cool cuz I like wheel of fortune, monopoly, ect., but did have a few other good games RE2, Duke 3D, Centipede and a couple others. The refresh rate hurt it in games that were based on speed like Sonic.

TheSSNintendo

Post by TheSSNintendo »

I sorta remember Game.com coming out. There were a few TV ads, from what I recall.

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Yeah I remember the commercials. Like this one that called gamers idoits!!

I remember at the time I didn't get one because of that, but it really isn't all that bad as long as you can get it pretty cheap.

Erosion_Of_Sanity

Post by Erosion_Of_Sanity »

I remember seeing these advertised through K-B Toys in the late 90's. The only game I've ever seen screen shots for was Mortal Kombat Trilogy, and it didn't look too impressive.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Here's some screenshot's of other games:

Screenshots grabbed from the Game.Commies website. They created these screenshots using a copy of Tiger's official emulator.

Erosion_Of_Sanity

You can actually get an emulator for that thing? Lmao.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

It's actually an emulator a couple of Russians bought from Tiger. They never released it to the public, so no you can't get an emulator.

I think they plan to try and make homebrews with it as they bought an entire Dev kit.

Erosion_Of_Sanity

Jakenut86 wrote:It's actually an emulator a couple of Russians bought from Tiger. They never released it to the public, so no you can't get an emulator.

I think they plan to try and make homebrews with it as they bought an entire Dev kit.
Oh wow I wasn't aware of that. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some hacked Game.Com emulator floating around.

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Well I did hear somewhere that they had gotten some games to work in MESS but I could never figure it out and just gave up.

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

I just found this, http://www.bripro.com/low/hardware/vidc ... ge=gamecom

Basically it's an adapter that allows you to hook a Game.Com system up to a PC and use the PC monitor as the screen while still using the Game.Com as the controller.

Erosion_Of_Sanity

Does the Game.Com run on batteries? I totally forget.