Atari Lynx

Handhelds that accept media, such as the Game Boy, Vectrex, PSP, etc.
TwinChargers

Atari Lynx

Post by TwinChargers »

How often do you guys find these things out in the wild? I bought one last summer at a place in the Mall of America, and got California Games with it, but other than that I have found nothing in terms of garage sales/thrifts/and pawn shops. Will I have to probably build my collection primarily through the internet? Even on craigslist I never see them come up.

Its a pretty impressive little (and I use the term "little" loosely) system. I didn't expect finding games for it to be so difficult. Where do you guys get your Lynx finds?
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Rob

Re: Atari Lynx

Post by Rob »

I've never come across a Lynx in the wild. The one I have I actually bought when I was a kid- it was on clearance at Sears for 19.99. I never had many games for it, and no one I knew had one. It had good graphics but zero battery life compared to the gameboy, which is what helped to kill it.

Rob

Post by Rob »

i just realized this probably belongs in the "handhelds" section...

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Rob wrote:i just realized this probably belongs in the "handhelds" section...
Actually, the handhelds section is for dedicated handhelds, so you were right to post it here. :)
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

I got my Lynx for Christmas, 1989. I've seen them in the wild, nothing too uncommon. Once in a while you'll see one on Craigslist, often asking way too much for it.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

We have a chain here called CGX that specializes in older/classic games and consoles. I've seen the first model Lynx around a few stores. I don't thing the console is hard to find as the games are.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

SegaBoy wrote:We have a chain here called CGX that specializes in older/classic games and consoles. I've seen the first model Lynx around a few stores. I don't thing the console is hard to find as the games are.
I have to dig mine up. Chip's Challenge was a lot of fun for a puzzle game.

Erosion_Of_Sanity

Post by Erosion_Of_Sanity »

I remember seeing this about 10 or so years ago at FuncoLand in the discount bin.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------