Friday the 13th 3D

Who says a game has to be from a commercial company to be good? For those with an anti-corporate leaning, there's nothing like a game from an amateur programmer, especially long after the system has been supported.

Moderator: Darryl B.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Friday the 13th 3D

Post by Zap! »

Check this out, I'm downloading it now. Freeware! Here's the description:

A 3D game based on the famous slasher series Friday the 13th. Play as Jason Voorhees slaughtering teenagers on your path back to Camp Blood. Physics system. Limb removal. Multi-player ability to choose nearly every Jason costume from the paramount movies. Unlockable character - 6 levels - Sky and Water System - Over 9 weapons and 1 secret weapon. Dual Wielding weapons.

http://wareseeker.com/Games/friday-the- ... /21777c476
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Jakenut86

Re: Friday the 13th 3D

Post by Jakenut86 »

Looks pretty good, too bad I don't have my PC here :( I'd like to play it.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Rob

Post by Rob »

That's an idea I had for a game for awhile now. Think of how cool it would have been if a decent developer put out a game based on Freddy Vs. Jason that let you play as Freddy, Jason, or one of their intended victims. Or different Multiplayer modes: Two Player lets you and your buddy play as Jason and Freddy in either a fight to the death or co-op to kill as many teens as you can. Four player would allow you to get a group of teens together and try to survive, like Left 4 Dead. Or how about a new Halloween game? If the Evil Dead series can generate licensed games, you'd figure one of the big slasher film icons would have gotten a recent release.

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Rob wrote:That's an idea I had for a game for awhile now. Think of how cool it would have been if a decent developer put out a game based on Freddy Vs. Jason that let you play as Freddy, Jason, or one of their intended victims. Or different Multiplayer modes: Two Player lets you and your buddy play as Jason and Freddy in either a fight to the death or co-op to kill as many teens as you can. Four player would allow you to get a group of teens together and try to survive, like Left 4 Dead. Or how about a new Halloween game? If the Evil Dead series can generate licensed games, you'd figure one of the big slasher film icons would have gotten a recent release.
A Freddy Vs. Jason game would be awesome!! Or even just a Freddy game (He's my favorite), it could have some pretty wild level design as it could be inside peoples nightmares. I can't wait to get my PC here and try out this Jason game but hopefully some other talented people will see it and decide to bring out some new games based on these other classic slashers!!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

I still haven't tried this thing out yet. Anyone play it?
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

triverse

Post by triverse »

Looks good. I may try it out.

As far as the game ideas, they are pretty cool. What would the gameplay be like? Like the Clock Tower series or Resident Evil? Imagine a scary stealth game like Splinter Cell but you play the hapless guards and it is Jason coming out of nowhere to kill you.

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

Hey Ter, how is the game?

I want to download it, but would like to know if it's worth a download.

:)

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

megasdkirby wrote:Hey Ter, how is the game?

I want to download it, but would like to know if it's worth a download.

:)
It's pretty good, play as Jason. I have to start playing this again. It's totally free too. :)

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

Ok, gonna download it. :)

I hope my crappy PC is capable of playing it.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

megasdkirby wrote:Ok, gonna download it. :)

I hope my crappy PC is capable of playing it.
Have you tried it yet, and if yes, do you like it? I know you and your brother love horror! :maniac: