What are some of the worst games you have played?

Anything gaming-related that doesn't fit anywhere else, or covers a wide span of years not specific to the other forums

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos, Darryl B.

Jakenut86

What are some of the worst games you have played?

Post by Jakenut86 »

After playing the monstrosity that is HyperScan I decided to think of some other horrible games, So besides Ben 10, X-Men, and IWL for the HyperScan, I also remember playing Total Recall which if I remember correctly I gave up on about 5 minutes into it and traded for a different game the next day, Ultima IX this game was a disgrace to the Ultima series, and of course E.T. :BangHead:
There are others I have played but these are all thats coming to mind right now. What horribly horrific games have you played??
_________________________________________________________________________________

Rob

Re: What are some of the worst games you have played?

Post by Rob »

As I posted over at DP today, I've recently come across the Gem of a game that is Atari Match Pro Wrestling on the 2600. :occasion14: :XXpuke.gif:

I'm sure I can think of some more, right now I'm still in shock.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Jakenut86 wrote:After playing the monstrosity that is HyperScan I decided to think of some other horrible games, So besides Ben 10, X-Men, and IWL for the HyperScan, I also remember playing Total Recall which if I remember correctly I gave up on about 5 minutes into it and traded for a different game the next day, Ultima IX this game was a disgrace to the Ultima series, and of course E.T. :BangHead:
There are others I have played but these are all thats coming to mind right now. What horribly horrific games have you played??
I think ET is very under-rated. While it's not good, I've played maybe 100 worse. And getting it for $1 in 1985 was damn sweet. :)

How about M.U.S.C.L.E.? Had to be the worst NES game I ever played. Thankfully, I've never played Superman 64, but have heard horror stories.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Rob

Post by Rob »

Superman 64- epic fail. If you can't play the game, what's the point? I always lasted about two minutes in that game.

ET is seriously not as bad as it gets blamed for being. I can play this one before I can a lot of other 2600 titles. It all started when seanbaby blogged about how horrible it was, then the ball got rolling. It didn't help to have the ghost of the landfill disaster hanging over its tragic tale. But yes, it is a bad game.

Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde on the NES was truly horrible. Trojan on the NES, Total Recall, Pac Man on the Atari.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Rob wrote:Superman 64- epic fail. If you can't play the game, what's the point? I always lasted about two minutes in that game.

ET is seriously not as bad as it gets blamed for being. I can play this one before I can a lot of other 2600 titles. It all started when seanbaby blogged about how horrible it was, then the ball got rolling. It didn't help to have the ghost of the landfill disaster hanging over its tragic tale. But yes, it is a bad game.

Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde on the NES was truly horrible. Trojan on the NES, Total Recall, Pac Man on the Atari.
Never played Dr. Jeckyll or Total Recall, but heard they suck. Pac-Man was a bad translation, but I can't say I didn't play it a lot when it came out. It came with my 2600 (along with Combat), and I played it to death.

As for Trojan, I actually liked that game enough in 1987 to beat it. Then again, I was 14. :) It's been years, is it that bad?
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Jakenut86

Post by Jakenut86 »

Batman & Robin and Sonic Jam for the Game.Com. Batman & Robin was just a horrible game and due to the slow refresh rate of the Game.Com Sonic Jam is just unplayable. They should have never tried to bring Sonic to this system since it is just to fast a game for it.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare on SNES.

I remember that you played as Bart and was in this dream world and had to jump onto "homework assignments" and you would play a random level and the outcome resulted in a graded paper that would be on the fridge and Marge and Homer would be mad or happy, and I think the more levels you beat, the better your grade was. Each level was random, but the one I remember is where Bart is Godzilla and you have to destroy a city and then climb up a building while dodging objects thrown by people from windows (interesting side note: some people at random would throw out old model 1 Genesis systems out the window. Guess it was Nintendo's way of taking a little jab at Sega) and then Marge would fly around as Mothra, and lastly at the top of the building was Homer as King Kong and you had to shock him with some electric field. The controls were awful. You couldn't use the face buttons on the city part. All Bart's actions were controlled by the D-pad and at the end, I could never get a grade above a D. :BangHead: Needless to say, I exchanged it the next day.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Ter wrote: Never played Dr. Jeckyll or Total Recall, but heard they suck. Pac-Man was a bad translation, but I can't say I didn't play it a lot when it came out. It came with my 2600 (along with Combat), and I played it to death.

As for Trojan, I actually liked that game enough in 1987 to beat it. Then again, I was 14. :) It's been years, is it that bad?
Trojan, for lack of a better description, would have been a pretty good game on the 7800. On the NES, the controls are sluggish and ill refined. I beat it as a kid as well, but now I can't get past the first stage without getting frustrated and shutting it off. It's one of the few NES titles I know of that has the "flicker" problem that keeps me from ever enjoying Pac Man on the 2600. :atari-logo:

SegaBoy wrote:The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare on SNES.

I remember that you played as Bart and was in this dream world and had to jump onto "homework assignments" and you would play a random level and the outcome resulted in a graded paper that would be on the fridge and Marge and Homer would be mad or happy, and I think the more levels you beat, the better your grade was. Each level was random, but the one I remember is where Bart is Godzilla and you have to destroy a city and then climb up a building while dodging objects thrown by people from windows (interesting side note: some people at random would throw out old model 1 Genesis systems out the window. Guess it was Nintendo's way of taking a little jab at Sega) and then Marge would fly around as Mothra, and lastly at the top of the building was Homer as King Kong and you had to shock him with some electric field. The controls were awful. You couldn't use the face buttons on the city part. All Bart's actions were controlled by the D-pad and at the end, I could never get a grade above a D. :BangHead: Needless to say, I exchanged it the next day.
The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare is one of those games that suffered from being full of good ideas and weak implementations. The Genesis version plays a lot better than the SNES version, though.
How about M.U.S.C.L.E.? Had to be the worst NES game I ever played. Thankfully, I've never played Superman 64, but have heard horror stories.
MUSCLE, for some reason has a sick charm that makes me pick it up ever so often. I swear you need to try Titlematch Pro Wrestling on the 2600. Imagine M.U.S.C.L.E. with a joystick and one button, and what attack that button does is completely at random. I picked the other wrestler up from across the ring simply by walking in the opposite direction. He then piledrived me while I kicked him in the face. The game then froze. It was like an unfinished prototype that got a label slapped on it. And it came out in 1987! Wrestling games from a decade prior had better gameplay than that!

TheSSNintendo

Post by TheSSNintendo »

I still stand by my old statements that Pit Fighter for the SNES and WrestleMania for the NES are some of the worst games I've ever played.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

I think the worst of the 2600 vs. the worst of the NES or SMS makes them look good. Ever play Sssnake?

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Urban Champion anyone? :D