Your oldest Video Game related item.

Anything gaming-related that doesn't fit anywhere else, or covers a wide span of years not specific to the other forums

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos, Darryl B.

TwinChargers

Your oldest Video Game related item.

Post by TwinChargers »

It will be interesting to see what we have here in terms of old consoles and games. Anybody got an original Odyssey? How about those old Pong systems? My oldest item is the Unisonic Sportsman T101, or one of the earliest pong systems that came out. Its got a manufactures date of 1976, earlier than the release of the 2600, so it beats out any Atari game I might have. What do you guys got?
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

MaximumRD

Re: Your oldest Video Game related item.

Post by MaximumRD »

Probably my Sears Video Arcade II console and some loose Atari carts and my Intellivision II and carts.
Oldshool gaming, some people will never "Get it"
Check out my Classic Gaming Videos: RATE ! COMMENT!
http://ca.youtube.com/user/MaximumRD

Rob

Post by Rob »

I have the original Odyssey, so that's probably the oldest thing I have. Does literature count? I have an original flyer for the Computer Space unit, so that would be the oldest paraphernalia I have.

Amelyn

Post by Amelyn »

The oldest system I own is a Coleco Telstar from 1976 and I don't even know if it still working. :gamer:

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

I have the Coleco Telstar Marksman. Have to look up the date, but I'm assuming it's from 1976 or so. I also have a CIB Fairchild Channel F.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

According to wikipedia (take it for what its worth) the Telstar Marksman was made in 1978. It also says that the Channel F was made from 1976 to 79.

Have you played much of the Fairchild Channel F? It predates the 2600 by a year, is it a decent console or more of a "collectors item".
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Rob

Post by Rob »

Definitely a collectors item vs. a "fun" console. Even thought he 2600 came out the following year it was as big of a departure from the Fairchild as the NES was compared to the 2600.

Also, wasn't the Channel F marketed into the early eighties by another company? Zircon, I think it was.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

TwinChargers wrote:According to wikipedia (take it for what its worth) the Telstar Marksman was made in 1978. It also says that the Channel F was made from 1976 to 79.

Have you played much of the Fairchild Channel F? It predates the 2600 by a year, is it a decent console or more of a "collectors item".
Yes, the system came out in 1976 and was the first truely programmable console ever. It is not decent by any means. The graphics are horrible compared to the 2600. The only system I've seen with worse graphics is the RCA Studio II.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube