Longest game from start to finish

Anything gaming-related that doesn't fit anywhere else, or covers a wide span of years not specific to the other forums

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos, Darryl B.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Longest game from start to finish

Post by Zap! »

What game took the longest amount of time to finish? Now, let's not count RPG's, unless they are simple and DON'T include a save or password feature. My choice would have to be either Ikari Warriors for the NES, or Rampage. What do you guys think? What other games took an insane amount of time to beat?

Edit: This only includes games that were made to be beaten in one setting (without shutting saving the game, shutting it off, and returning at your save point at a later date). This also (duh!) doesn't include games that don't end.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

Jakenut86

Re: Longest game from start to finish

Post by Jakenut86 »

Toe Jam & Earl for the SEGA Genesis
_________________________________________________________________________________

Rob

Post by Rob »

Zombies Ate My Neighbors I beat without passwords or continuing, it took me two days.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Rob wrote:Zombies Ate My Neighbors I beat without passwords or continuing, it took me two days.
Didn't that have a password or save feature though?
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Rob

Post by Rob »

Yes, the standard version does. The extremely rare European NTSC version does have a password feature, but unlike the US version it doesn't give you the passwords between levels, and none of the US codes work on it. I couldn't find any online, so basically I had to beat it in one go, between meals, bathroom breaks and school of course. You want to talk about a HOT ac adapter- try leaving your SNES on for forty-eight hours straight.

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Rob wrote:Yes, the standard version does. The extremely rare European NTSC version does have a password feature, but unlike the US version it doesn't give you the passwords between levels, and none of the US codes work on it. I couldn't find any online, so basically I had to beat it in one go, between meals, bathroom breaks and school of course. You want to talk about a HOT ac adapter- try leaving your SNES on for forty-eight hours straight.
Eeeeeeeeeeeppppp, doesn't count. :) The game in my OP can't have ANY passord/save feature, regardless of weather you use it or not. :doh:

How about Rygar? That's a very long game. I left my NES on all night for that one. :)

Rob

Post by Rob »

I stand corrected :wav:

Chakan on the Genesis didn't have a password or save, and I toiled for three or four days trying to beat that son of a bitch. I completed all the levels of the first realm and thought I was done (this was day two) only to find that I had another frigging world waiting for me! I finally gave up. Even with a Game Genie it took me a whole day to beat that damned game. :BangHead:

Erosion_Of_Sanity

Post by Erosion_Of_Sanity »

I'd have to agree with the original Toe Jam and Earl and Zombies Ate My Neighbors.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Rygar is another one. Very long.

OK, let's redefine the question. Since you control how long games like Rygar and the others are if you fart around too much, what about the longest rail games? You know, games that move themselves. Blazing Lazers took hours if I remember right.