What was the first gaming item you bought on your own?

Anything gaming-related that doesn't fit anywhere else, or covers a wide span of years not specific to the other forums

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos, Darryl B.

Carlos

What was the first gaming item you bought on your own?

Post by Carlos »

And by that, I mean without money you were given by parents, family, or childhood chores.

For me, it was a Nintendo 64 with Turok. I got it with my very first paycheck from my very first job sacking groceries for Tom Thumb my freshman year of high school.

Rob

Re: What was the first gaming item you bought on your own?

Post by Rob »

Does mowing lawns count as childhood chores? If not, I cut grass all one summer and saved up enough to get a Genesis when I was 10 or 11.

TwinChargers

Post by TwinChargers »

Hmmm.... Good question. I'm pretty sure it was a NES game at Funcoland, but I can't tell you what it was. Possibly Bart vs. the Space Mutants or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. My allowance was burned there tons as a pre-teen. Its sad how I traded in all my NES stuff later to get a Genesis and one or two games. Then even later when I had a nice collection of Genesis games I traded it all away for a Playstation. After that I wised up and didn't trade away systems, but I foolishly left it and a bunch of cool games at an old girlfriends house and after the breakup never got them back. Oh the sadness...
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

gamemaster

Post by gamemaster »

Colecovision was my frist system i still have it today and it kick a$$ still i had it modded too the power pack is inside the system too and all the good mod look great on my TV

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

Damn good question. I do remember selling a bunch of NES games to Funcoland and buying more with the check I received in the mail, does that count? Probably not, since the games I sold were bought by my parents.

I really can't remember. I think it was Art of Fighting for the Neo-Geo in 1993 for $200. Then I sold it a few months later to go to a prom. Should have stuck with the game, you should have seen my date!
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube