How much time...

Anything gaming-related that doesn't fit anywhere else, or covers a wide span of years not specific to the other forums

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos, Darryl B.

TwinChargers

How much time...

Post by TwinChargers »

...do you spend a week playing video games? Being a father of 2 my time has dropped dramatically. I find that if I get in more than a hour or two a week that that is a lot! I sometimes will binge game and if the wife and kids are out I'll game nearly all day til they get back, but that's a pretty rare occasion. I find that I talk and research games a ton more than I play them. The thing I do the most is go out and try to find games. Whenever I have a few spare bucks I'll hit up the pawns and thrifts, maybe a garage sale if weather permits. There's tons of games I own that I have yet to have played. I figure that when the kids are older I hope to have a bit more free time on my hands and this collection I've built up will get a bit more use.

Whats your gaming situation?
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Carlos

Re: How much time...

Post by Carlos »

During the week, after work, eating dinner, spending time with the fiance, and cleaning up the apartment a bit, I try to get in at least an hour to hour and a half of gaming every night. On the weekends, it varies. Usually play 2-4 hours on Saturday and Sunday. If I'm home, my fiance is still at work or out with her friends, I'll play as long as she's gone. :)

Darryl B.

Post by Darryl B. »

TwinChargers wrote:Being a father of 2 my time has dropped dramatically.
I just recently got reunited with a high school bud that I hadn't been able to talk to for about 10 years. He's got three kids now and one of the things he said on the phone was that he hoped he would come home from work and find that ____ (one of his kids) had misbehaved and he'd have to take his PS2 away from him as punishment because he's addicted to some game on it :) (can't remember the name of it offhand)

I get in several hours of gaming a week, mostly due to a couple of handheld games (Solitaire and FreeCell) since they're quick fixes. I just need some new games, mostly, although I dug out some 7800 games and have started playing them recently (since I had gotten back into my 2600 over the last couple of months). I think I'm bored with what I have but then sometimes I can get back to playing some of them again, some of it seems like too much of a chore to get stuff out to play (just need to get back to living on my own again so I can spread my gaming stuff wherever I want, I'm just in a small room with an even smaller closet to cram stuff into, unfortunately).
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Jibbajaba

Post by Jibbajaba »

I would guess that I average about 30 minutes per day on the weekdays, and on a good weekend day I get in maybe a couple of hours at the most. This will increase if my friend who is also into old games comes over, which isn't that often. I think that if I had more buddies who were into old games then I would play more. I am also playing less right now because I am watching as many playoff hockey games as possible.

Chris

RegalSin
Banned

Post by RegalSin »

I never get enough time nowadays. Mostly just play a bit to see how far I can get or a little at a time and save. It is really fun to play a little at a time.
Just walk away and you can live. Just walk away and it all can be over. Dont bother responding.