Old vs. new

Anything gaming-related that doesn't fit anywhere else, or covers a wide span of years not specific to the other forums

Moderators: megasdkirby, Carlos, Darryl B.

Darryl B.

Old vs. new

Post by Darryl B. »

Of course there's room in our lives (or not?) for both, just wanted to see what y'all preferred.

I recently went back to my Sega Genesis and CD games, then my good ol' Atari 2600. The 2600 games are better for quick gaming bursts; Genesis and CD are annoying when you have chronic fatigue and have to put the game on pause as you either nap or you have to write down passwords to continue later. I've been happier with the 2600 stuff as a whole, as games that I know will take longer I can set aside time for those. Plus I know they'll work, unlike the 'scratchy' generation of cds and the like.
Founder, http://arcadepreservation.wikia.com/wiki/Arcadepreservation_Wiki

Founder, http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/index.cgi

Rob

Re: Old vs. new

Post by Rob »

Older for me, no question about it. :atari2600: :joystick:

Zap!
Zap! Commander

Post by Zap! »

I like both. I have everything from the Fairchild Channel F to the Wii, but I am more classic than new by a mile.
One burning question that will remain with him until his dying days....."Was my victory really worth the price I had to pay?"

Facebook | Instagram | tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

gamemaster

Post by gamemaster »

I love the classic system and games ok the new systems my kid go out get a new game beats it in one day the old system are harder to beat then the new ones :atari2600:

RegalSin
Banned

Post by RegalSin »

Basically anything 2d for me including the atari. The 3d games is nice but it lacks that creative feeling. I mean playing a racing game in 3d feels like a waste then playing a racing game in 2d.
Then you buy something and it turns out to be one big bordem fiesta.

I could live with the passwords. In fact passwords are better then save states on battery/flash.
Remember Metroid and all the phrase you had to put in.

Also when a game gets a glitch sometimes you see thing nobody even dreams of. Like sprites that should not be there, or leftover pieces. This is why I love 2d games.

Also where is the juice. Most later games is like the programmer without any concept at all.
Just walk away and you can live. Just walk away and it all can be over. Dont bother responding.

megasdkirby

Post by megasdkirby »

Old for me. I just don't like this new generation.

I see myself purchasing older games, not just for collector purposes, but to play as well!